• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting in

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsteach

Hey everyone. Is all that you need to get into a NROTC unit a desire and a 2.0 gpa? What are some req.'s? Any info would be cool. I am not talking scholarship here, more college program info. Thanks!

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't know if there is a required GPA to get into the unit. But I do know that if you desire to get on college program advanced standing (in order to get a commission), your GPA should be better than a 2.0....

JWallAvionic

You have to look into the college youw would like to go into that has the NROTC program, it all revolves around that, then if you can get the scholarship for that school. See how high their standards are, the website has all this information on it, just do a goolge search to look for schools with NROTC scholarship programs.

billiken2002

pilot
I agree with the Noze here, you should at least hold a 2.5 to get advanced standing. I'd shoot for higher, then you could get scholarship. I got a 3.2 my first semester in college and got a scholarship from it. Noze- what did your Chevy do?

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Pretty sure the min GPA is 2.5. Your not under any commitment to the navy until your junior year at which point you have to decide. But if you want a scholarship then you will need at least a 3.1 or higher to be somewhat competative.

Status
Not open for further replies.