• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gate guard shenanigans and boomer Black Sea cruises

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Random vehicle searches were pretty common at the bases in Jax as late as 2018. The commercial gate at Jax seemed to have a higher percentage of inspections. What I could never figure out was why "they" would search cars leaving base (both Mayport and Jax) at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Sleep tight, America.

And that's why I pretty much never use the commercial gate.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No Tang. Yes Vodka. Good stories. Not all suitable for this venue.

Maybe move this to another thread? Kind of weird BS-ing on the "Active shooter at P'Cola" thread.
Split into its own thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled AW buffoonery.

exNavyOffRec

I don't think I have ever had my car searched going through a gate, they are way to concerned about me removing my bluetooth before letting me in.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I've been searched twice. Both times were leaving the base, in uniform, and at around 2000-2100.

OldNavy

I've been searched twice. Both times were leaving the base, in uniform, and at around 2000-2100.

I was stationed at NOB Norfolk from 1980-1995 and was never stopped and/or searched. During that time, they went from having Marines on the gates to DoD police, and at one time, took everybody off the gates entirely.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
That's bizarre. Where are they doing that?

Whiting Field, though they may have stopped it, and now in Yokosuka, still actively happening. Yoko a little more understanding given the lower BAC here, but Whiting was something I brought up to the base CMC as a "wtf is this?"

Late Edit: the craziest part of the Yoko one is they will do it all day, so like leaving base at 0700 after coming off watch? Breathalyzer!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whiting Field, though they may have stopped it, and now in Yokosuka, still actively happening. Yoko a little more understanding given the lower BAC here, but Whiting was something I brought up to the base CMC as a "wtf is this?"

Late Edit: the craziest part of the Yoko one is they will do it all day, so like leaving base at 0700 after coming off watch? Breathalyzer!
There were days when I worked night check during a VP deployment where my drunkenness was well underway by 0700. :D