• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gallbladder removal

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
So as a result of my recent pregnancy I have gallstones. (yay genetics! lol) I will be having my gallbladder removed this summer. What is the Navy's stance on this? Everything I have read seems to indicate that within 4 weeks I should be back to a pretty regular lifestyle, including diet albeit a low-fat version.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I had my gallbladder removed when I was 16 and, aside from having to list it on medical paperwork, I've never had any questions asked. I'd imagine it probably isn't a big deal at this point, either. Good luck! For the love of God, don't eat fatty food in the first couple weeks. Especially the first week. Especially terrible, fatty chicken teriyaki from a dingy little food hut...

TimeBomb

Noise, vibration and harshness
PG,
Barring any operative or post-op complications, this will be a non-issue as far as the Navy is concerned. Lots of people on AD are missing a gall bladder, and I've encountered no problems. The 4 week figure is pretty accurate in my experience. Once you're healed up, you should be good to go. Laparoscopic surgery has revolutionized that operation. The advice regarding dietary modification is sound.
R/