• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

MockingbirdT

Can neither confirm, nor deny the At board list. The website is down for maintenance. I will check again COB EST. I will be TAD on inspection the remainder of the week and will not be able to check again until Friday.

I can't lie, I too was hoping for an immediate ship in late Nov. And definitely by end of the year. looks like that may not be the case, but at this point I'm just hoping my service out weighs my 6-7 year old DUI waiver, because all the talk of legal waivers being denied is scaring me more and more.

Me too man. I read stuff that spells absolute doom for legal waivers and other stuff that show you can still get selected with one. Mine was for an incident 15 years ago as a kid.

1812TC

Me too man. I read stuff that spells absolute doom for legal waivers and other stuff that show you can still get selected with one. Mine was for an incident 15 years ago as a kid.
Even Former Defense Secretary General Mattis spent some time in jail before going on to achieve his commission and become one of the most iconic figures of military diplomacy in current times. Lol so maybe there is hope for us? ?

Thanos

Even Former Defense Secretary General Mattis spent some time in jail before going on to achieve his commission and become one of the most iconic figures of military diplomacy in current times. Lol so maybe there is hope for us? ?

It’s okay man, there’s still hope for you guys. I still succeeded in fulfilling my destiny, despite being ostracized for proposing a fair solution to rich and poor alike to my planet’s overpopulation problem many years ago. They called me a madman....

But seriously, I hope we all get selected. Our pasts shouldn’t necessarily define us.

exNavyOffRec

and back when I came in we could run around the engineroom in just shorts shooting firehoses at each other, just because it was ok back then doesn't mean it will be ok now.

MockingbirdT

It was nice getting to talk with you folks as you go through this process. I won't be on this board or any future boards as my legal waiver was actually denied which leaves me dead in the water. It is a shame that a mistake I made more than 15 years ago continues to haunt and be the precursor of judgement of my character, but such is life.
Only thing you can do, is suck it up and move forward.

I sincerely wish all of you the best and good luck!!!

Last edited:

bigbird

Biggest Bird
It was nice getting to talk with you folks as you go through this process. I won't be on this board or any future boards as my legal waiver was actually denied which leaves me dead in the water. It is a shame that a mistake I made move than 15 years ago continues to haunt and be the precursor of judgement of my character, but such is life.

Damn that sucks, atleast you made them tell you no.

OperationChungus

pilot
It was nice getting to talk with you folks as you go through this process. I won't be on this board or any future boards as my legal waiver was actually denied which leaves me dead in the water. It is a shame that a mistake I made move than 15 years ago continues to haunt and be the precursor of judgement of my character, but such is life.

That’s really unfortunate. Best of luck in your future endeavors, brother.

Thanos

It was nice getting to talk with you folks as you go through this process. I won't be on this board or any future boards as my legal waiver was actually denied which leaves me dead in the water. It is a shame that a mistake I made more than 15 years ago continues to haunt and be the precursor of judgement of my character, but such is life.

Sorry man, real shame to hear. I wish you best of luck, good things will come

Swimmer91

I’m sorry man. These systems won’t ever be good judgements of character but they are just there to move numbers. I know we are all hyped right now about the idea of it all but it’s not as glamorous as the movies we have seen and it does require sacrificing other priorities (future families, freedoms, individual plans). Getting selected is just one thing, it doesn’t mean we are or aren’t right for the position, but it is out of our hands right now. Best of luck going forward.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
I’m sorry man. These systems won’t ever be good judgements of character but they are just there to move numbers. I know we are all hyped right now about the idea of it all but it’s not as glamorous as the movies we have seen and it does require sacrificing other priorities (future families, freedoms, individual plans). Getting selected is just one thing, it doesn’t mean we are or aren’t right for the position, but it is out of our hands right now. Best of luck going forward.
Well fucking said!

jalen22

Keep your head up man. Some of the best Marines I worked with were denied reenlistments because of small mistakes in their career and now they're doing awesome things in the civilian world. Don't let it define you, the whole system looks at everyone two dimensionally and that's a poor way to judge someone. If you had the drive to push through this whole process you can definitely use it to excel elsewhere. Best of luck!

cinnamon

Your past does not define you. Keep grinding, you will find exactly what you were meant to do; even if it means flying somewhere else! Sending you positivity and blessings!!