• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

KristenQT

There is no 6 month rule. But the board will want to see improvement in your package. Ajwhite222 retook his ASTB and did much better the second time. Why not apply again?

KristenQT

Just posing a question as I feel this could apply to a few people. If you were selected but turned down the selection because you were waiting to hear back from an other board or for whatever reason it may be, but go back and reapply do you need to get a waiver about why you turned down the opportunity for a commission? Just curious.

Willyz

read some of the other threads, with aviation the number one thing is selecting people with the best chance to get through flight school which is looking at the ASTB, LOR's Evals, and interviews rarely ever get looked at, and if you have an application where they need to get looked at the results will probably not be favorable as that often means there is a waiver in your application.
Thanks for the input! I don't have any waiver, in that case hopefully my eval and LORs can help me stand out a little bit.

Does anyone know if there is a way to request an interview as part of your package? I have been denied at 2 boards and it seems like getting an interview would be the only thing that could help short of getting a LOR from a congressman.

ndraper728

Does anyone know if there is a way to request an interview as part of your package? I have been denied at 2 boards and it seems like getting an interview would be the only thing that could help short of getting a LOR from a congressman.
Dang man. What are your stats? Did you have any waivers?

MockingbirdT

Good question man. 2 denials, with legal waivers. but your ASTB (6/8/6) is not the greatest ever, but it sure isn't horrible.
Maybe, of course, take the ASTB again but we all know the risk of doing that. I'm not sure what I would do, tbh.

Good question man. 2 denials, with legal waivers. but your ASTB (6/8/6) is not the greatest ever, but it sure isn't horrible.
Maybe, of course, take the ASTB again but we all know the risk of doing that. I'm not sure what I would do, tbh.

Wish I could. I am maxed out. But, I have no clue what I should/can do besides keep trying.

srp_4737

My recruiter confirmed that you can see if your package made it to the board. He is going to let me know when he is back in the office next week. I would recommend just texting him/her to see. Not sure how it all works, but like I said...according to him it is indeed possible. I apologize if this is old news.

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
Wish I could. I am maxed out. But, I have no clue what I should/can do besides keep trying.

At this point in time, if you still wanna fly, consider the Army Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT) program.

Talk to your nearest Army recruiter (preferably a Sergeant that is most knowledgeable about the program) AND have him/her set you up with a Warrant to help you out with your WOCS package. You get 2 tries to ace the Army’s SIFT test at the nearest MEPS.