• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

swmonroe88

pilot
So you did not adjust your eyes like with magic eye books? You just looked straight at the dots and moved you head left and right?
Yup, pretty much. Try not to stare at each dot so much as you scan all 5... doing this while slightly shifting my head helped make out right dot pop a little more. The first couple are easy, but D-F took probably 10+ seconds/line to break out.

OperationChungus

pilot
ASTB scores are weighed more heavily than GPA, correct? My GPA is over the required 2.5 minimum, but I'm still a little nervous.

swmonroe88

pilot
ASTB scores are weighed more heavily than GPA, correct? My GPA is over the required 2.5 minimum, but I'm still a little nervous.

This is complete conjecture, but I would assume ASTB is likely weighted most due to the fact that it is the only objective comparison between applicants. You are a little more than 1 SD below the mean GPA of our current (and extremely limited) dataset, which isn't the best place to be, but the fact that it is with a Mech E degree hopefully helps that out some. Given recent board's selection rates and your AQR and PFAR, if I were you I wouldn't be stressing too hard.

Depending on how competitive a school you attended, you may get some help there, as well. I've heard the term "Tier 1" thrown around in my recruiting office regarding school but haven't seen a concrete list of who falls where.

Icedsaint

SNA
OAR 61
AQR 9
PFAR 8
FOFAR 9
GPA 3.12 Finance and Risk Management
Age 24
Sex M
No prior service

Have everything completed for my package except being cleared by MEPS. On week 5 of waiting to hear back from them so I can go on my visit, but I'm still optimistic I can make this board.

buttburner69

Random question, is anyone on here applying after having heard a Pro Rec N on a different board? Just curious as to why you might think so. Also, anyone applying to other boards?

swmonroe88

pilot
Random question, is anyone on here applying after having heard a Pro Rec N on a different board? Just curious as to why you might think so. Also, anyone applying to other boards?

First board, here. Honestly, looking at the past couple boards, if your numbers are decent and you apply, you're probably good. Of the individuals who applied 2 boards ago (considering people who got ProRec'd N and those even those who didn'ttake the time to update) better than 70% got the Y. I'd assume the type of individual to join a forum and post/track a thread are more likely to be competitive individuals that those who don't.

cinnamon

Applying: SNA/ NFO
OAR: 45
AQR: 5
PFAR: 6
FOFAR: 6
GPA: 3.4
Sex: F
Major: Organizational Management
Prior Service: Y

Only need MEPS and package is complete. Thank you in advance for the add.

Yup, pretty much. Try not to stare at each dot so much as you scan all 5... doing this while slightly shifting my head helped make out right dot pop a little more. The first couple are easy, but D-F took probably 10+ seconds/line to break out.

Still waiting on MEPS so I'll try this trick. Only reason I'm just going for NFO is because I didn't pass the DP test a few years back. If I pass this time I'll apply for both NFO & SNA. Thanks for the tip!