• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone know if there is a way to request an interview as part of your package? I have been denied at 2 boards and it seems like getting an interview would be the only thing that could help short of getting a LOR from a congressman.

The board doesn't care about what a congressman thinks, the aviation board used to be very forgiving for legal issues but have since become more selective, the are looking at a candidates professional background, yours is tarnished, if you try again and get another "No" I would say it is time to move on, especially with 2 "6's" on your ASTB.

swmonroe88

pilot
10 days until packages are due to NRC. I'm considering adding another column to the spreadsheet for people who ACTUALLY submitted to give more useful data to those who are looking. I assume its going to be difficult to get everyone to roger up (especially those who don't log in that often), but I think it'll be worth it.

Please just make a post saying that you've submitted so I can get to tracking data.

OperationChungus

pilot
Sounds like a great idea. Decided I’m gonna go ahead and submit my packet for this board. I’ll hopefully be adding my name to the list on Thursday.

KristenQT

Confirmed submission for SNFO put in last minute paperwork about having 20/20 uncorrected vision last Tuesday since NRC processor caught it. Haven’t heard if I’m confirmed for SNA yet but no news is good news according to my recruiter.

I’m also up for SWO board which will convene the week after this board so I hope to see a lot of PRO REC Ys and possibly have snow shoveling watch with you all up in RI!

alikazmi9000

Confirmed submission for SNFO put in last minute paperwork about having 20/20 uncorrected vision last Tuesday since NRC processor caught it. Haven’t heard if I’m confirmed for SNA yet but no news is good news according to my recruiter.

I’m also up for SWO board which will convene the week after this board so I hope to see a lot of PRO REC Ys and possibly have snow shoveling watch with you all up in RI!
Why was there additional paperwork regarding your 20/20 vision?

KristenQT

Why was there additional paperwork regarding your 20/20 vision?
I’m not exactly sure either... but I’m chalking it up to when I originally submitted my package and went to medical facilities (I didnt go to MEPS) that I only qualified for SNFO with my scores of 5/5/6. Since then I retook the ASTB and now qualified for SNA which requires the extra vision requirements. Again I’m just guessing ?‍♀️

alikazmi9000

I went to MEPS before taking the ASTB so I never qualified for anything up to that point haha. Yeah I’m not sure why you needed extra paperwork. Maybe I will too, we will see

KristenQT

I’m recruiting out of Norfolk so they don’t send people to MEPs they send applicants to a variety of base clinics only after they take the OAR/ASTB. Went to an Army and Naval clinic over the course of two days and maybe something got lost in between. ?‍♀️. I wouldn’t worry if I was you.

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
Does anyone know if there is a way to request an interview as part of your package? I have been denied at 2 boards and it seems like getting an interview would be the only thing that could help short of getting a LOR from a congressman.

Go to this website and start inquiring about becoming a Flying Warrant in the Army:

Good luck, and know that “Hooah!” is a battlecry just as fierce as “Hooyah!”

Oh, and you better get ready to explain essential details about your legal issues to your potential recruiter and sponsoring Chief Warrant Officer.