• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY19 FTS Aviation Department Head Retention Bonus (ADHRB)

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
The FY19 FTS ADHRB message was originally going to be released in March, but that didn't happen. Just curious if anyone in the know has heard anything about it. From what I've read, this year's is expected to be for more money over a longer period of time. My question is this: Any idea if this bonus (or bonuses like this in the past) have had a prorate option? (ie. take the bonus for less money, for less time)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The FY19 FTS ADHRB message was originally going to be released in March, but that didn't happen. Just curious if anyone in the know has heard anything about it. From what I've read, this year's is expected to be for more money over a longer period of time. My question is this: Any idea if this bonus (or bonuses like this in the past) have had a prorate option? (ie. take the bonus for less money, for less time)

From what I’ve seen, no. The FTS bonus has typically only been three years anyways so I doubt they’d prorate that down even further.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
From what I’ve seen, no. The FTS bonus has typically only been three years anyways so I doubt they’d prorate that down even further.

The FTS bonus changed since I took mine, but it used to be pro-rated if desired. You could specify the term of the bonus, which then affected your commitment. At the time they also started your clock that counted down to when you could request the bonus from the time you were selected, vice when you were designated, which was nice for those of us that got picked up a year out from MSR so we could actually get our bonus whill still a FTS DH.

I offer that only to say that they can make it pro-rated if they want and they have a decent amount of flexibility to set it up how they want...to their advantage, of course.

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor

I've heard from some pretty reliable sources that this year's bonus is going to be a 5 year term, and able to take it earlier in your first FTS tour than in the past. But, until the message comes out, who knows. If its 3 years, I'll be golden. If its more than that, I'll need a prorate option.

Frank and Jim, when I leave here in 6 months I'll be at 17 years. They've got me.

Ken_gone_flying

pilot
Contributor
hopefully you will do better than me. I worked for half pay for two years since uncle kept me in til my 22 year mark.
That's a bummer. Is that because you had more than 12 months left to retirement when your last set of orders was up so you were forced to take another set?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That's a bummer. Is that because you had more than 12 months left to retirement when your last set of orders was up so you were forced to take another set?
I screened for DH. The previous mentality was that those who went special mission (ie didn’t go to the boat) wouldn’t screen DH. All 12 of us screened and I got sent to a squadron “in need”. So my planning got derailed but I had an awesome DH tour even if @scoolbubba caused me headaches (honestly though I couldn’t have asked for a better group of JOs, they carried the squadron to success). Good time, I can’t complain.

Cheers, (drinking a Guinness pint now)

JW

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
hopefully you will do better than me. I worked for half pay for two years since uncle kept me in til my 22 year mark.
Ahhhhh, I'd say things turned out sorta okay for you in the end. (Probably run into you next Thursday, BTW.)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I screened for DH. The previous mentality was that those who went special mission (ie didn’t go to the boat) wouldn’t screen DH. All 12 of us screened and I got sent to a squadron “in need”. So my planning got derailed but I had an awesome DH tour even if @scoolbubba caused me headaches (honestly though I couldn’t have asked for a better group of JOs, they carried the squadron to success). Good time, I can’t complain.

Cheers, (drinking a Guinness pint now)

JW

Working for you gave me lots of time and practice to perfect my ‘go fuck yourself, that’s a stupid idea’ face.

BarryD

Contributor
Agree!! This will open up more FTS VR slots for my rotor trash bros.
Oh damn . . . I was wondering why there seemed to be a lot of senior VR guys that transitioned from helos at FLSW . . . don't know why I didn't connect those dots before.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I've heard from some pretty reliable sources that this year's bonus is going to be a 5 year term, and able to take it earlier in your first FTS tour than in the past. But, until the message comes out, who knows. If its 3 years, I'll be golden. If its more than that, I'll need a prorate option.

Frank and Jim, when I leave here in 6 months I'll be at 17 years. They've got me.

Go air national guard.