• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY18 BOARD SCHEDULE

locote1

I am comforted by that. I had everything on my end to my recruiter about a month out, but had to wait on my appraisal and two additional LORs which the individuals submitted to him 8 days before the deadline, he submitted it the next day. He didn't tell me about this rule until just then so it gave me something new to stress about lol.
Did you get selected for OCS?

Historian-2-Naval-Officer

The name is meant to be hopeful.
What does it mean "anticipate low board numbers due to NRD holding application for next FY" on the 15-Aug-18 Pilot/NFO slot?

I am resubmitting my package during the summer, what are the ramifications for this note? Low acceptance for the board? Navy not accepting more than a certain amount of applications for that board?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What does it mean "anticipate low board numbers due to NRD holding application for next FY" on the 15-Aug-18 Pilot/NFO slot?

I am resubmitting my package during the summer, what are the ramifications for this note? Low acceptance for the board? Navy not accepting more than a certain amount of applications for that board?

Are you going to apply for Pilot/NFO now? On your signature you have Intel only.

Are you going to apply for Pilot/NFO now? On your signature you have Intel only.

I will be applying for Pilot/NFO and Intel (the same as last time, got pro-Rec no’s) for both boards. Need to wait as my recruiter thinks it is best to wait I until I have finished grad school in May in order to reapply with complete, final transcripts.

I need to update the signature again.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I will be applying for Pilot/NFO and Intel (the same as last time, got pro-Rec no’s) for both boards. Need to wait as my recruiter thinks it is best to wait I until I have finished grad school in May in order to reapply with complete, final transcripts.

I need to update the signature again.

So you previously applied for Pilot/NFO and Intel? Just making sure...

So you previously applied for Pilot/NFO and Intel? Just making sure...

Yes, previously applied for both. Apologies that I was not clear. Applied for the 06-MAR-18 intel board and the Pilot/NFO board from mid February. NO’s on both. Need to wait until after May 15th or so to resubmit application for boards (recruiters idea, I agree that it is a sound plan)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Yes, previously applied for both. Apologies that I was not clear. Applied for the 06-MAR-18 intel board and the Pilot/NFO board from mid February. NO’s on both. Need to wait until after May 15th or so to resubmit application for boards (recruiters idea, I agree that it is a sound plan)

You will need to make significant improvements in order to reapply within the six month window. Getting a masters is part of it, but improved ASTB scores will certainly help.

You will need to make significant improvements in order to reapply within the six month window. Getting a masters is part of it, but improved ASTB scores will certainly help.

Understood, thanks for the input. OR told me not to retake test due to my competitive OAR score... so is a completely reworked statement, couple extra letters or rec, and completed degree enough? Obviously I’ll contact my recruiter again soon and talk with her about it. My NRC processor claims it is a sound move to reapply during summer.

I’ll hapily retake the test though! I know I can do even better.

As for my original question: What does it mean "anticipate low board numbers due to NRD holding application for next FY" on the 15-Aug-18 Pilot/NFO slot? This is from the official board schedule spreadsheet.

FormerRecruitingGuru

What does it mean "anticipate low board numbers due to NRD holding application for next FY" on the 15-Aug-18 Pilot/NFO slot? This is from the official board schedule spreadsheet.

It means many recruiters will probably be holding submitting applications until the next fiscal year (October 1st). It’s close to the end of the fiscal year and many NRDs and ORs already closing out goal/quota.

For many ORs, it doesn’t make sense to submit folks so late in the FY when they can get a head start with their recruiting numbers for the next one.

It means many recruiters will probably be holding submitting applications until the next fiscal year (October 1st). It’s close to the end of the fiscal year and many NRDs and ORs already closing out goal/quota.

For many ORs, it doesn’t make sense to submit folks so late in the FY when they can get a head start with their recruiting numbers for the next one.

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the information!

Aceleo

SNA

I noticed that for the Aug 15th 2018 Pilot/NFO board, the deadline was July 6. Now it shows its July 13th. I suppose it has been extended?

WAMI

The FY18 board schedule is out! Before you ask questions, make sure to check out the notes for the respective board AS WELL AS search this form for updates. More than likely NRC will make changes to the dates but for now this is what we have.

When in doubt, always refer to the MOST RECENT board schedule for questions.
The schedule you posted is concerning!

Your gouge says packages are due by 17AUG2018. My OR said my physical would be scheduled for late June, then late mid-July… Kept emailing him for a confirmed date, no reply… I then texted him to update him on my Board and OIC interview status. He volunteered to tell me “Your physical is scheduled for 22AUG”. Keeps getting pushed to the left “Walter Reed is always busy”.
I believe the physical is the last remaining piece and won’t be done until 22AUG supposedly. Wonder why he believes I will be good for the Sept, 2018 board?