• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY18 BOARD SCHEDULE

Igloojam

pilot
The FY18 board schedule is out! Before you ask questions, make sure to check out the notes for the respective board AS WELL AS search this form for updates. More than likely NRC will make changes to the dates but for now this is what we have.

When in doubt, always refer to the MOST RECENT board schedule for questions.

Rufio,

Thanks for the info. Do you have the quota numbers for IWC(intel) DCO FY18?

Thanks

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I notice on the new FY18 Board schedule there is no longer a column for "suggested NRD due date" that averaged about a month prior to the deadline like on FY17 and FY16 board schedules. My recruiter has recently told me there's an "unwritten rule" to get your kits into your NRD a month prior to the deadline. Why is this? Is this because submitting and processing applications is very time consuming? Does this mean kits submitted after that are disregarded?

Edit: I ask this because he has submitted me twice before now and has never mentioned this to me before.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I notice on the new FY18 Board schedule there is no longer a column for "suggested NRD due date" that averaged about a month prior to the deadline like on FY17 and FY16 board schedules. My recruiter has recently told me there's an "unwritten rule" to get your kits into your NRD a month prior to the deadline. Why is this? Is this because submitting and processing applications is very time consuming? Does this mean kits submitted after that are disregarded?

Edit: I ask this because he has submitted me twice before now and has never mentioned this to me before.

It allows time for the Processor to QC and process your application to NRC. It also allows time for any hiccups or waivers needing to be completed.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
It allows time for the Processor to QC and process your application to NRC. It also allows time for any hiccups or waivers needing to be completed.

Have you found, in your experience, that kits submitted with less time to process do not make it to board?

exNavyOffRec

Have you found, in your experience, that kits submitted with less time to process do not make it to board?

I had submitted kits a few days before, but if they had found an error it wouldn't have made it, a month is a good rule of thumb to allow for any hiccups, honestly I knew a few OR's that would submit kits that had to get kicked back several times and they would need that month!

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I had submitted kits a few days before, but if they had found an error it wouldn't have made it, a month is a good rule of thumb to allow for any hiccups, honestly I knew a few OR's that would submit kits that had to get kicked back several times and they would need that month!

I am comforted by that. I had everything on my end to my recruiter about a month out, but had to wait on my appraisal and two additional LORs which the individuals submitted to him 8 days before the deadline, he submitted it the next day. He didn't tell me about this rule until just then so it gave me something new to stress about lol.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Thanks Rufio. Yep that's the schedule I have on hand. My OR must be confused.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Alright, I confirmed with my OR. Next EDO DCO board convenes Jun 7, 2018.

I guess that somehow didn't make it on the FY18 board schedule (which lists the June 2017 and January 2018 boards), or it will appear on the FY19 board schedule. Odd that it would be done in that manner.