• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY17 STA-21 Applicants

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Anyone receive any info on orders or school selection yet? I saw that my physical was updated but not my school selection. Where is everyone planning on going? I am hoping to attend the University of Texas at Austin.

While I'm only an alternate, I'm still working everything like a selectee. As of now, they have processed my medical record and listed me as "qualified" on NETFOCUS. As far as the school stuff, I currently have two acceptance letters, but still working on the degree plans. I gotta come clean and vent a little bit that it's frustrating to pay all of these application/acceptance fees knowing that I won't be going to school anytime soon. But hey -- at least it'll be ready for next year's package.

DANG3R M0US3

Anyone receive any info on orders or school selection yet? I saw that my physical was updated but not my school selection. Where is everyone planning on going? I am hoping to attend the University of Texas at Austin.

Just showing the medical stuff and program start date info. Anxiously awaiting the other two items to finalize.

HDND

Dare Mighty Things
While I'm only an alternate, I'm still working everything like a selectee. As of now, they have processed my medical record and listed me as "qualified" on NETFOCUS. As far as the school stuff, I currently have two acceptance letters, but still working on the degree plans. I gotta come clean and vent a little bit that it's frustrating to pay all of these application/acceptance fees knowing that I won't be going to school anytime soon. But hey -- at least it'll be ready for next year's package.
Yeah that is the crappy part. I did that for the University of Texas but instead of turning down my acceptance I just deferred it a year. Maybe as the school if they will let you do that so at least you do not have to pay the application fee next time.

Just showing the medical stuff and program start date info. Anxiously awaiting the other two items to finalize.
I keep bugging my admin guy to see if he has seen my orders on message traffic. Can't wait to have orders in hand, part of me can't believe it is real until I see it on paper.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Are there any alternates who have gotten the "call" in previous years? I'm just wondering what the notification method is. Is it a phone call, email, official letter in the mail, etc? I'd hate to be the idiot who overlooked it.

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate
Reason I ask is that I have this message on my NETFOCUS: "You are scheduled to report to Naval Science Institute on 15-Feb-2017. Graduation date is 14-Apr-2017. You will receive official notification of your program start date via Navy letter. This information is available for preliminary planning purposes only."

Want to confirm that this is probably a standard blurb that everyone has (Selectees and alternates).

Griff

Hello, quick question: I applied, was accepted, and have a degree plans from several schools. Does anyone know if you have to decide by 30 dec? Or do I submit all three schools acceptance letters and degree plans and decide later... The NAVADMIN wasn't clear.

I ask because Im trying to visit the schools in January. It would be nice to meet the ROTC leadership, make sure their temperament matches my own, and see the school before I make my mind up. I'll say that I have talked to STA-21 students and the ROTC staff at each of the colleges I am considering and they seem pretty cool over the phone. But, its hard to take the measure of a person you've never met face to face.

Last edited:

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Hello, quick question: I applied, was accepted, and have a degree plans from several schools. Does anyone know if you have to decide by 30 dec? Or do I submit all three schools acceptance letters and degree plans and decide later... The NAVADMIN wasn't clear.

I ask because Im trying to visit the schools in January. It would be nice to meet the ROTC leadership, make sure their temperament matches my own, and see the school before I make my mind up. I'll say that I have talked to STA-21 students and the ROTC staff at each of the colleges I am considering and they seem pretty cool over the phone. But, its hard to take the measure of a person you've never met face to face.
Call and talk to Ed Straten at the STA-21 Office. You should submit for the school you intend to attend. They will be writing you orders to that school. Are you a Nuke? If so, what schools are you considering?

Griff

Call and talk to Ed Straten at the STA-21 Office. You should submit for the school you intend to attend. They will be writing you orders to that school. Are you a Nuke? If so, what schools are you considering?
I called the STA-21 office a few days ago and they told me "...I'd probably submit all of them, but you'll have to pick one"... So I don't really know what that means lol .... I think Im going to submit all of them and wait for a phone call, just wanted to know if anyone else had first world problems like mine!

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
I called the STA-21 office a few days ago and they told me "...I'd probably submit all of them, but you'll have to pick one"... So I don't really know what that means lol .... I think Im going to submit all of them and wait for a phone call, just wanted to know if anyone else had first world problems like mine!
What schools are you considering?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reason I ask is that I have this message on my NETFOCUS: "You are scheduled to report to Naval Science Institute on 15-Feb-2017. Graduation date is 14-Apr-2017. You will receive official notification of your program start date via Navy letter. This information is available for preliminary planning purposes only."

Want to confirm that this is probably a standard blurb that everyone has (Selectees and alternates).
I got notified by my Front Office (as an alternate).

ML_METOC

FY17 OCEANO Alternate

The STA-21 Placement Coordinator is named Anna Duvall. She's very nice and helpful. Her contact info is on the STA-21 site. Not saying you need it, but in case anyone is lurking on this thread.

Selectees/Alternates Information

Commercial: (850) 452-9433
DSN: 459-9433

If you have an accepted degree plan from the school you want to attend, you just need to inform her of your intent to attend there. Goforth is right, that's the school (ROTC) that they will write your orders to. They're probably suggesting you submit all 3 schools solely to cover any contingencies.

Also, I know a selectee in the last couple of years who submitted for a school that wasn't in his initial 3 on his application. As long as the degree plan is accepted by the school, the ROTC unit, and the STA-21 placement office, you're good to go. He was able to attend the University.

Zachary Wagoner

FY-17 Nuclear Selectee
I didn't realize people were still posting in this thread. Also, can't believe that guy plagiarized that personal statement. Wow...

I have my medical status as qualified, my school status is accepted and verified and my orders have been requested and at pers 4010 since last tuesday/wednesday. Hopefully I'll receive them this week. Have people received the normal 30 days of transfer time in past years?