• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS FY17 Budget Proposal to Cut CVW-14

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Well, considering those people are already getting burned, and PERS 43 doesn't think they have a problem...

For sure, but at least what I saw becoming more and more common in the diminishing legacy Hornet community, was just throwing FNG 1-3 (or 4) all nearly simultaneously at a squadron who could make the best use of them. Not as much a "thing" when I was an FNG, but it was definitely a "thing" when I left, and there were only like 6 legacy squadrons left, spread across various airwings at completely different places in the deployment/turnaround cycle (i.e. only a couple really made sense at any given time). I think the effect of having a VFA wide short term surplus of cones would be similar. 3-4 guys all competing for the 2 EP high water LT FITREPS available in a single seat squadron as an example. The two guys who walk away with 1 and 2 MP's would have been EP players just based on timing in your or even my time. Regardless, they would we thrown to the wolves for JO shore tour jobs, and might as well not even submit an official photo for the O-4 board. Of course front offices can get creative with extending or shortening tours to funnel the herds into different FITREP cycles, but that can only fix so much. I'd argue that with 4 guys on the same timeline, at the standard time in service, shifting PRDs cannot fix the glitch, even if they are all rockstars.