• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 July Supply DCO Board

mit311

July Board is slowly approaching. I heard rumors as early as January that this board would be cancelled, but so far it is still scheduled, according to my recruiter.

Anyone have any news, or info on this board?

mit311

Well, the title should read "FY14" July Board... typo.

My recruited confirmed last week that the July 2013 Board has been indefinitely postponed. Not sure if we now have to wait for January or not.

Has anyone heard more?

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
I am still waiting on the results from the AEDO/AMDO board. I was going to put in for the March 2013 supply board but I was sure the AEDO/AMDO board results would be released before the March 2013 supply board met. If I’m a non-select for this board then I guess it will be spring 2014 before I can apply again.

mit311

My work experience is very supply related, which makes me a one-trick pony for the DCO program... don't strongly qualify for AEDO or any other programs. My recruiter goofed last year, and as a result my packet was held and never seen by the Jan 2013 Supply Board. It would be a shame if I had to wait all the way to next Jan to get my next shot. Our timing is terrible! 3-4 years ago was the time to apply to these programs.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Our timing is terrible! 3-4 years ago was the time to apply to these programs.

I agree 100%. My recruiter held my package and it missed the December CEC DCO board. I just found out today that the April CEC board did in fact meet but my OR and accessions officer haven't heard a peep out of the CNRC yet. :confused:

Here's to hoping that ya'll don't have to wait until spring!

exNavyOffRec

My work experience is very supply related, which makes me a one-trick pony for the DCO program... don't strongly qualify for AEDO or any other programs. My recruiter goofed last year, and as a result my packet was held and never seen by the Jan 2013 Supply Board. It would be a shame if I had to wait all the way to next Jan to get my next shot. Our timing is terrible! 3-4 years ago was the time to apply to these programs.

The same issues were happening 3 years ago, but instead of just cancelling them they would "roll over" applications, and they would do this over and over again, the result was essentially the same.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Sorry guys, I meant to say the Jan 2013 Supply board. I understand that some people’s experiences are best suited for only one DCO designator and in a lot of ways that is unfortunate. I’ve talk to many great applicants that are highly motivated and highly educated that didn’t make the cut because their resume didn’t indicate a wealth of experience for the designator that they put in for. I’m sure that they would have made great officers but there were a plethora of qualified people that had relevant experience for the board. This process has taken a bit longer than I thought it would and the schedule for the board has shifted right a bunch of times for me. My kit was submitted in mid October for a board. The board did not meet as expected in the following months (Nov-Mar). I was told that it was supposed to meet many different times but for some reason it wasn’t held. I’m now being told that it did meet in April and the results are supposed to be released during the second week in May (by my calculations that’s this week!). I’m optimistic and hopeful but I’m also taking that info with a grain of salt. I’ve been told it met before and it turned out that the board was postponed. I know that it’s not my recruiter’s fault that the board didn’t meet until now but it’s still really frustrating. I really wanted to apply for the Supply Corps board in January but what I really want is to be an Aircraft Maintenance Officer. The bottom line is that the needs of the Navy come first. I ready to join if I’m given the chance. Good luck guys and if I don’t make the cut for AMDO/AEDO then I will be submitting for the 2014 Supply Board.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
My recruiter told me yesterday that the July 2013 Supply DCO board has been canceled and the next board is scheduled for spring 2014. I was asking her so I could adjust fire if I am not picked up for the AMDO/AEDO board.