• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Here's a question, my father was a prior CO, can I use him as a reference or in any other way in any aspect of STA-21, whether it be pertaining to the package itself or going to a school??

I agree with fc2spyguy about not having your dad write a letter of recommendation. Maybe ask your dad if he has any old friends, still serving or retired, that you knew that can possibly help out in any way. With his experience he can probably read through your package and tell you what sounds good, what sounds like bs and what you should add/change. If it were my package I would mention in my personal statement how my dad served x amount of years and how I have always dreamed of pursuing a career as a Naval officer.

I actually had a letter of recommendation from my old high school hockey coach. I think things like that work a lot better than relatives.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Letters of Rec

Its just like a CO rec....write the letters yourself if you have to. Ask the person you are wanting to get the letter from if they will rec you and tell them if they want you can write a rough draft and they can edit as they see fit. They might not change it at all if you write a good enough one. Just letting everyone know what I did. I had a 2 star, (2) 1 star and 1 Captain letter of rec....two being past CO's that i have served for. I also did EXTRA interviews...with high ranking officers in the field I put in for. Did it help?? I dont know....but I was selected last year as a alternate for CEC which I feel is the hardest to get selected for mearly due to numbers and was selected this year NFO. Hope this helps you guys....I def went into it blind because I didnt know about this sight. GOOD LUCK!

AlphaTango

Settle

Ok, since you are new I'll give you some slack. However, next time you have questions see if you can logically figure it out yourself.

For instance, the astb. Ask yourself, who normally takes these tests, oh people who want to be officers. How does one become an officer? They talk to officer recruiters. Now, the math is simple, take one plus one and make it two. Talk to an officer recruiter. Next, you should be able to quote from the 1420.1a (ch. 8?). Read it, read it again, and when you have a question, go back to it. If you don't figure out the answer then look for the logical answer. If that doesn't work, come here and use the search function. If that doesn't work, then ask the question. While the ccc is a tool to use in assisting with your application, they can not, and should not imo, be the ones driving this. It's your application, the amount of effort you put into it will be reflected by the end product.

Dude, what's you problem. The guy has some questions. Either help him out or let him figure it out on his own. No one wants to hear about how much you know about the program.

Surfer727

Quote the 1420.1a (ch.8)...huh.

In all honesty, with respect to the senior folk, who on this site can recite verbage from the 1420...... point one alpha?

Little over the top, home-slice.

Stick

pilot
http://www.navy.com/officer any other links or websites. im trying to get further information on the options so that i can make educated decision on my choice of programs.

I would start with what interests you. Do you think you would want to fly a plane/helo? What about spec ops, intel, becoming a doctor, or any other community? Just based off of the communities you should be able to tell what they do on a general level. I don't believe there is any place to find out what is done on a day to day basis because every job is different, even in the same community.

jake954

SUNY Maritime

Is there anyone who goes to or knows someone who goes to SUNY Maritime through STA-21? I know at the Citadel that you don't have to live on campus if you are STA-21, is this true at SUNY? I am an alternate this year and hoping to get picked up this coming cycle, would love to live in NYC for a few years.

haubby

None
Contributor
Is there anyone who goes to or knows someone who goes to SUNY Maritime through STA-21? I know at the Citadel that you don't have to live on campus if you are STA-21, is this true at SUNY? I am an alternate this year and hoping to get picked up this coming cycle, would love to live in NYC for a few years.

No one lives on campus unless they desire to do so.

brian_burrows

1st Timer FY10
Hello all, I am applying for the FY10 STA-21 program and I have a couple of questions. I believe that this is primarily a flight officer site but considering its the most useful and helpful, I thought I would try asking questions here. I want to put in for Med Corp and was wondering if anyone had the stats from the previous years of applications. Also, I have LOR's from 2 Army Majors, one from a Master Chief, and one from a Chief. I also have the capability of getting one from a retired Colonel in the Airforce. Is it bad that I don't have any Naval officer LOR's? Honestly my time in the Navy is little and I have not had very much interaction with any Naval Officers.