• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Soccerstuff

So i'm reading the new instructions and see the part about Assignment to a university under General information (e.) and it looks like my first choice of school can be trumped by the "Needs of the Navy" does that mean if it costs too much to move my family cross country that the Navy won't if they can keep me in the same city? What if i don't get into the other two schools i put down as my secondary schools?

I am afraid that I won't be placed in my first choice of school... my grades were so bad i don't think i can get into the others. I am working my butt off on new classes but i really want to go to The Citadel.

Please give me some advice, can i expect to go to my first choice of school even if it is 2,000 miles away?

haubby

None
Contributor
So i'm reading the new instructions and see the part about Assignment to a university under General information (e.) and it looks like my first choice of school can be trumped by the "Needs of the Navy" does that mean if it costs too much to move my family cross country that the Navy won't if they can keep me in the same city? What if i don't get into the other two schools i put down as my secondary schools?

I am afraid that I won't be placed in my first choice of school... my grades were so bad i don't think i can get into the others. I am working my butt off on new classes but i really want to go to The Citadel.

Please give me some advice, can i expect to go to my first choice of school even if it is 2,000 miles away?

As long as there is space available at the school you'll be able to go wherever it is you want to go. I've yet to hear of anyone who hasn't gotten their school of choice. But of course it's all dependent on if you get accepted to said school but The Citadel is good about getting STA-21 guys quick and easy acceptance.

Sutton004

Hey guys, I figure this is the right place to ask. I am enlisting right now, going in as a nuke. My goal however is to be a pilot. My plan is to apply to sta21 as soon as possible. Do any of you have any tips or things I should look at to make my package stand out more?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey guys, I figure this is the right place to ask.

If you will take just a few minutes to pop in an Avatar & a hint of who you are & what you're about... in your profile, AW members will be much more responsive to your questions, (no, not asking for your SSN, debit card#/pin or Visa acct. #), just a few basics.:p
BzB

Daniel White

MM3 -> YN3
I'm currently serving in the Director of Air Warfare's office here in the pentagon. I just submitted my package in june and with it I included 3 LOR's from 3 RADM's and a letter of appreciation for command involvement from a VADM. The whole package was received in its entirety, no documents missing, I am qualifying in every aspect and I've got an impressive CO's recommendation from RADM Moran and an even better personal statement. I am qualified in every way, got 10's across all my interviews from CDR's and CAPT's but... my only reservation is that I'm applying to the core option. I want to be a pilot but I know just about everyone else is probably going to apply for that as well. I didn't mention that I want to be a pilot but I did drop a lot of hints that aviation was something I was interested in. I am, after all, attending Embry Riddle and work with some of the best pilots the Navy has seen.

What will the board decide, normally, if all the pilot seats are taken? Will I become a SWO? :(

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I'm applying to the core option. I want to be a pilot but I know just about everyone else is probably going to apply for that as well. I didn't mention that I want to be a pilot but I did drop a lot of hints that aviation was something I was interested in. I am, after all, attending Embry Riddle and work with some of the best pilots the Navy has seen.

Why didn't you apply for SNA as your primary option and CORE and your secondary option? Not only to increase your chances of selection but if aviation is what you want, apply for what you want. Am I missing something here?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
It's too late now, but you should have applied for Pilot and Core if being a pilot is what you are interested in. If all the Pilot slots were filled before your selection, then you could have possibly been selected for Core anyway. As it stands now, if selected for Core you will Service Select during the Fall semester before you graduate. You may get an aviation slot then, you may not.

Daniel White

MM3 -> YN3
that's what I was banking on. Everyone told me to apply for pilot as well and I was saying I don't want to just limit myself to pilot. I mean I'm also open to NFO if pilot isn't an option and if I did get some sort of commission in any other field I could just laterally transfer, right? I'm not too worried about it, I'm in embry riddle now and if I get selected for the program I'll be going there for my bachelor's and getting a civilian pilot license and maybe that'll earn me some leeway for selection into pilot