• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy10 mecp board-Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program

mrsthms

Are there any other MECP applicants out there anxiously awaiting results? This was my first time applying and I really hope I get selected ;)

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Uh oh...I hope this thread doesn't turn out like the STA-21 thread. Some of those kids don't have fingernails or hair (or sanity) anymore.

nervous_20baby.jpg

Plyons

The 2010 MECEP results have not been released as of yet. The MARADMIN (0656/09) referenced above is for ECP (Enlisted Commissioning Program) and MCP (Meritorious Commissioning Program). These are totally different from MECEP (Marine Enlisted Commissioning Education Program). I am also anxiously awaiting the MECEP results. I am sure that they will be out before the end of the week. Good luck "mrsthms".

Ok, I just looked at "mrsthms" profile and I see that you are waiting for MECP (Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program) which is a Navy program, totally different. Sorry.

mrsthms

I guess I should have been a little more specific in my post. I am looking for other aspiring nurses that are waiting on Medical Enlisted Commissioning Program results. Sorry for mix-up everyone :eek:

hyde23

So this is the only MECP forum on here it appears. Not sure if anyone's still paying attention, but I have a buddy who is an HM3 going up for a board coming up soon and he was telling me he is at the appraisal process (which I guess comes prior to the selection board in November). He was saying they do interviews and on of the three appraisals came back negative. The appraiser (??) said that HM3 was immature, which is seemingly a pretty big blow. My question is, how bad does that hurt his chances for selection for this process and what are the selection rates for this process? He seems pretty bummed and I've told him it seems easier to go the OCS route (I just got selected for the OCS program myself) but he is pretty set on the medical commissioning program since he is currently enlisted already anyways and for OCS, he'd have to finish college first.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So this is the only MECP forum on here it appears. Not sure if anyone's still paying attention, but I have a buddy who is an HM3 going up for a board coming up soon and he was telling me he is at the appraisal process (which I guess comes prior to the selection board in November). He was saying they do interviews and on of the three appraisals came back negative. The appraiser (??) said that HM3 was immature, which is seemingly a pretty big blow. My question is, how bad does that hurt his chances for selection for this process and what are the selection rates for this process? He seems pretty bummed and I've told him it seems easier to go the OCS route (I just got selected for the OCS program myself) but he is pretty set on the medical commissioning program since he is currently enlisted already anyways and for OCS, he'd have to finish college first.

Probably so. Instead of pointing the finger at himself, it sounds like your friend doesn’t want to do that. He could approach the interviewer - in a friendly manner - and ask for tips and suggestions to improve themselves.

There’s also a good possibility your friend doesn’t have what it takes (yet) to become an officer and you don’t have the senior officer’s side of the story when it came to the interview.