• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 21 IWC DCO Reserve Board

My9iron

As bubblehead said, so long as the applicant meets the minimum standards (age, degree, gpa, etc), then their packet must go forward to the board.
My OR said if there are errors (which I don’t consider the applicant marking a bubble wrong and error; I consider an applicant missing a bubble/signature an error) then it gets kicked back.

subreservist

Each board is different and the circumstances around them can be different. Trying to apply consistency to board release results will only lead to disappointment, especially with adjustments made throughout the pandemic.

My9iron

Each board is different and the circumstances around them can be different. Trying to apply consistency to board release results will only lead to disappointment, especially with adjustments made throughout the pandemic.
I was agreeing that it isn’t “delayed” or due to the election and that this time frame is seen as normal by those who deal with it regularly. I wasn’t implying I have any expectations beyond just waiting.

Bchris27

This timeline has been consistent with what my OR said. For a year she’s been saying 5-6 weeks and as of a couple months ago said probably early Nov.

I have been following IWC boards since I first started the process back in '18. This particular board has met in Mid March and Mid September every time and the results have been out the first week of October and April. That was up until the March board this year. COVID has delayed the results of numerous boards, and I believe it has more to do with the boards taking place virtually and not in person, so it is probably taking longer for that, or getting the results into personnel and letting the TRIADS know because there are less people working on it. This is my last chance at it, so I am willing to wait for the results.

If I remember correctly the March board's results did not get out until late May or early June. Just give it a little time, I am sure we will all know by Thanksgiving, and definitely before the end of the CY.

For the Record (since I have never actually posted it)
4 years active duty as Aviation Electronics Tech ('97-'01)
Active Drilling Reservist as AT (since'06, currently E6)
BS in Computer Information Systems (2014)
MS in Cyber Security (2019)
Working as Integration Engineer (since 2016).

Would love CW, but applied for IP and Intel as well.
Looking at most peoples info, I feel I may be short of experience but hope to make it up with education and military exp.

My9iron

I have been following IWC boards since I first started the process back in '18. This particular board has met in Mid March and Mid September every time and the results have been out the first week of October and April. That was up until the March board this year. COVID has delayed the results of numerous boards, and I believe it has more to do with the boards taking place virtually and not in person, so it is probably taking longer for that, or getting the results into personnel and letting the TRIADS know because there are less people working on it. This is my last chance at it, so I am willing to wait for the results.

If I remember correctly the March board's results did not get out until late May or early June. Just give it a little time, I am sure we will all know by Thanksgiving, and definitely before the end of the CY.

For the Record (since I have never actually posted it)
4 years active duty as Aviation Electronics Tech ('97-'01)
Active Drilling Reservist as AT (since'06, currently E6)
BS in Computer Information Systems (2014)
MS in Cyber Security (2019)
Working as Integration Engineer (since 2016).

Would love CW, but applied for IP and Intel as well.
Looking at most peoples info, I feel I may be short of experience but hope to make it up with education and military exp.
The March boards did come out in June but they didn’t actually convene until May because of Covid. It was about a 3 week turnaround I believe. Good luck to you!

Bchris27

The March boards did come out in June but they didn’t actually convene until May because of Covid. It was about a 3 week turnaround I believe. Good luck to you!

Thanks, Good luck to you as well (if applying). Hopefully we will all have our answers soon.

My9iron

Thanks, Good luck to you as well (if applying). Hopefully we will all have our answers soon.
Thanks! Yes applying as well, for Intel. This is my first time around so fingers crossed but the competitiveness has become quite clear in these boards!

Bchris27

Are you aging out? Regardless, best of luck to you!

Aging isn't the issue (according to some OR type math, I get to knock a few years off my actual age. My issue is I hit High year tenure in June (which I guess is not an issue for applying for DCO) but being in VTU I have to retire when I hit 20 good years, which I will hit 20 in March '21 which according to my OR I would not be eligible for the March board because the results would not come out until I have hit retirement. The sad part is, you cannot actually retire until you get a letter from BUPERS (from what I have heard) and it apparently takes BUPERS up to a year sometimes to figure out you hit 20 and send you your letter.

I have been trying to DCO for many reasons, but one is to avoid having to retire. I wouldn't mind having another 20 years.

My9iron

Aging isn't the issue (according to some OR type math, I get to knock a few years off my actual age. My issue is I hit High year tenure in June (which I guess is not an issue for applying for DCO) but being in VTU I have to retire when I hit 20 good years, which I will hit 20 in March '21 which according to my OR I would not be eligible for the March board because the results would not come out until I have hit retirement. The sad part is, you cannot actually retire until you get a letter from BUPERS (from what I have heard) and it apparently takes BUPERS up to a year sometimes to figure out you hit 20 and send you your letter.

I have been trying to DCO for many reasons, but one is to avoid having to retire. I wouldn't mind having another 20 years.
Have you worked with different recruiters each time? Any indication why you haven’t been picked up yet? I know the designators you are going for are more specific than Intel and take less people, but as someone with so much service and technical degrees I am really surprised you haven’t been selected. It makes me wonder what they are truly looking for. I am not suggesting for a second you don’t t have leadership skills but I wonder if as officer selections they consider those aspects more than actual experience. ??‍♂️