• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2016 STA-21 Applicants

visanoven

ENC -> OC
Same here. I was alternate two years in a row and got picked up on my second go around as an alternate. Do everything that you are supposed to do and be ready to go. If you don't get moved up this year, make sure you mention that you were an alternate in your personal statement next year and apply again. Make your package better for next year (EP/MAX PRT/Community Service/Calculus/SOQ/SOY).

exNavyOffRec

If you all notice again there are only 50 selections with the vast majority being nuclear, if you want to be an officer have a goal of finishing your degree and then apply for STA-21 while working toward that goal, if you get STA-21 great, I would also take a good look at the stats of those that were selected, with only 13? non nuclear selections those guys stats should give a lot of info.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would also take a good look at the stats of those that were selected, with only 13? non nuclear selections those guys stats should give a lot of info.
Most of them were 1st classes.

Take heed, folks: It's clear that NPC has been using the STA-21 program to boost their nuke accessions for the past few years. The take away here is that if you're not going nuke and have other options (OCS, ROTC, etc), getting picked up for non-nuke designators through STA-21 is a very, very long shot - especially is you're relatively junior.

Caveat emptor.

ccfite

I was an alternate when I got picked up. Not all of the selectees can/will make it to Newport.
I know it's hard to say, but when would be the latest we would find out as alternates? Obviously it'd be before February, right? I'm just thinking about all the things I have to get in line with the family in the case that I got selected.

oceanov

MEPS Medical Technician
Congratulations to all selectees and especially to Goforth and his selfless attitude in helping everyone here!

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
I know it's hard to say, but when would be the latest we would find out as alternates? Obviously it'd be before February, right? I'm just thinking about all the things I have to get in line with the family in the case that I got selected.

Chris,

Be ready at the last minute in December. I just talked to Chris Brown who was an Alternate in FY-13. He said they called him in December and he had to rush to get everything done. Have everything ready like you are the primary. This will ensure a seamless acquirement if you are called.

brysonkgoforth

FY-16 CORE SELECT
Congratulations to all selectees and especially to Goforth and his selfless attitude in helping everyone here!
It's been an absolute honor to help all of you on AW. I look forward to hearing from more of you in the future and helping more of you as you finalize your packages.

I'm absolutely humbled by this selection. I want you all to know the secrets that helped me get selected. Work hard! Don't give up!