• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

nodropinufaka

In the past two weeks, I've actually begun to give that considerably more serious thought. The answer usually is that there are enough reservists on the Hill that I know it's possible to do both jobs well. Service is important to me and picking between the two forms of it is not an easy choice when the option exists to do both.

That said, I've been very frustrated recently and, you're right, four years isn't that long and I can stay in the reserves afterwards. The counterpoint is that four years is a while to be away from the career that I've built so far.

Being on active duty is not easy and it really sucks at times.

That being said- it will put you light years ahead of your peers in the reserves. DCOs are extremely far behind their active duty counterparts (through no fault of their own, just the nature of the position)

You will qualify in your designator within 18 months and gain a ton of experience.

Going to a JIOC or Fleet command as a Junior Intelligence Officer will really train you up and teach you. There’s a constant fire from leadership that needs to be put out and managed in those jobs but that’s where you learn.

I did it and am grateful for the experience. I see far too many O-4s and some O-5s in the 1835 designator that really only know management, FITREPS, and office work but don’t know or understand complex Naval intelligence operations.

Keep in mind Navy intel is focused on support to sea going forces for the most part.

PM me if you got any questions.

CESUSN

Thank you. I will definitely send you a PM, I certainly have a few questions that I'd like to run by someone with more direct experience.

Fingers crossed. Looking at when results came out last board people should be hearing things this coming up week.

I asked my OR about that last week. I was told last time was somewhat unusual. Normally, they start seeing the results 2-3 weeks after the board date. This means sometime between September 30th and October 11th. But hey, if they come out this week instead, I'm not gonna complain! :)

Hopefully, this time they will also select an equally high percentage of the packages that actually made it to the board as last time. We shall see...

jdjohn5

I asked my OR about that last week. I was told last time was somewhat unusual. Normally, they start seeing the results 2-3 weeks after the board date. This means sometime between September 30th and October 11th. But hey, if they come out this week instead, I'm not gonna complain! :)

Hopefully, this time they will also select an equally high percentage of the packages that actually made it to the board as last time. We shall see...
That makes more sense of 2-3 weeks. We’ll see.

First time poster here, also waiting to hear the board selections. I'm in the same boat as you all, my officer recruiter said typically the results are pushed out 2-3 weeks after the start of the board. Good luck to you all and I am definitely looking forward to hearing from my recruiter and seeing you all post on here, hopefully that you got selected!

My crystal ball is indicating the results will be out by Wednesday afternoon. No, I don't have any "inside scoop", just an analysis of the timeline from the last several boards. Also, I'm 99% confident the answer is going to be a "No" for me this time due to the mistakes I've made and I already started preparing for the next board. At this point, it's kind of like checking that Powerball ticket - the tiny sliver of hope is there but you are more likely to be struck by lightning than win anything meaningful. So, knowing what the most likely outcome is, I don't really feel the rush to find out as soon as the results are out. Plus, don't forget there is always a chance they will come back with "Oh yeah, btw, everyone thought you had everything that was needed but your package actually needed XYZ and it was missing, so yeah, you missed this board". In either case, good luck to everyone else!

jdjohn5

Contacted my recruiter this morning who says we are in a holding pattern for results. I got somewhat excited yesterday when my Master Chief called asking if I had been selected and not told anyone. Seems my command had gotten an email about someone’s reenlistment being held up by an awaiting DCO message and they thought it was me. Unfortunately not me. Let the waiting continue with hurry up and wait.

LOL! I can only imagine what they would have thought about you if you actually found out you got picked up before they did and never told a soul...