• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

subreservist

Thats better

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't sign anything prior to package submission. Most processors at either the NRD or NRC would request that in the package. Further, it is supposed to be signed in front of region OIC during their interview.

But even slipping through all those cracks and having a recruiter that only answers questions, I would have a hard time seeing an applicant going DCO not expecting some type of training....it is a job after all.

bryanteagle6

Im a unique case i guess. I had an old one on file from the first time i applied maybe, but everything had changed. My original one would have had DCOIC and the old ILE schooling. Like i said, i signed the new one at the NOSC a few months back

jdjohn5

I know I haven’t let my work know what type of training commitment I would have. Also to follow up on some comments from yesterday. I was prior service Marine Corps and had been out for 11 years before coming in the Navy Reserves as a 35 year old E-3. When I came in just about everyone was a push button E-4 so they would show up from A school as an E-3 on Saturday and put on E-4 on the Sunday of drill weekends. Also at that time (2010) they had an option to do A school in drill weekends instead of having to go to Dam Neck for the full thing so I had to wait until I finished that to test for E-4. They gave us 18 months to do it, but I finished in 6. I took out a lot of trash as an E-3. Since I was prior service I didn’t have to go to boot camp, but did go to C school for 6 weeks. I hate waiting for the results to come out. My wife who normally doesn’t ask any questions asked me if I’ve heard anything yet. Now I’m hoping that something didn’t happen and they have to invalidate the results.

jdjohn5

Lol yes we have 5 kids and a granddaughter. I’ve already spent two years overseas while she was back stateside.

I guess that makes me and most people around me crazy as well because everyone carries these things around with them all the time

I leave my desk frequently to collaborate with, help, or discuss something with other people and normally I just leave my phone on my desk for that half hour or whatever, but now I turn back and grab it before I leave. Just something else to carry around. ¯\(ツ)/¯ Didn't mean anything by it, just my work place culture

But I dont think the board had started yet.

According to the FY20 schedule, the DCO board (reserves) convened on 16-Sep-19. OCS board (active duty) convened on 4-Sep-19 and the first post indicating the results was on 30-Sep-19, which is 26 calendar days later. If DCO results are to be announced after the same time period, that places us at 12-Oct-19, which is a Saturday. Therefore, the notification should take place on Monday afternoon (14-Oct-19) at the earliest.

nodropinufaka

According to the FY20 schedule, the DCO board (reserves) convened on 16-Sep-19. OCS board (active duty) convened on 4-Sep-19 and the first post indicating the results was on 30-Sep-19, which is 26 calendar days later. If DCO results are to be announced after the same time period, that places us at 12-Oct-19, which is a Saturday. Therefore, the notification should take place on Monday afternoon (14-Oct-19) at the earliest.

You are misunderstanding me and reading that line out of context.

I am referring to the board from 2010.