• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 19 IWC DCO BOARD

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
For what it's worth - it took me two boards to select for Intel. I had 4-5 previous attempts for active duty JAG without success too starting as far back as 2011-2012. Apply early and apply often. Apply boards are a painfully slow process. My current CO - who is also a direct commission officer told me he had to apply six times before finally being selected. I had a previous CO that had very similar story. These spots are extremely competitive. Both these CO's I'm mentioning made 0-6, so don't let a few bumps along the selection high way make you think you will not succeed.

Last edited:

bryanteagle6

This board does not seem very busy for a board that is coming up soon, but ill throw this out there anyway. There are talks of DCOIC transitioning over to a 5 week course like ODS starting FY20. I would assume that would affect all of the ppl that sit this board. Unless you could get selected in march and still make the SEP DCOIC class (not likely). Also, i believe it will be full anyway. Everyone will jockey for the empty quotas once this info becomes more readily available.

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
This board does not seem very busy for a board that is coming up soon, but ill throw this out there anyway. There are talks of DCOIC transitioning over to a 5 week course like ODS starting FY20. I would assume that would affect all of the ppl that sit this board. Unless you could get selected in march and still make the SEP DCOIC class (not likely). Also, i believe it will be full anyway. Everyone will jockey for the empty quotas once this info becomes more readily available.
It is what it is.... just gotta keep pushing forward.

Bchris27

I have a question. Due to my recruiter dropping the ball and not getting my interviews done in time I missed the September board, and now this will finally be my first board. I HYT in June of '20 so if not selected on this board (which is likely, since I know most do not get selected first shot) I would only have 2 more boards before hitting HYT and going VTU. My recruiter tells me if I'm not selected I cannot resubmit until something changes on my application. Everything I read on here says to keep applying because every board is different and some boards may judge things differently than others. How do I convince my recruiter to reapply for the August board if not selected on this board? I will complete my Masters in November so I know I would be able to put in for next March's board, but I would like more than 2 opportunities before HYT. I appreciate any advice.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I HYT in June of '20 so if not selected on this board (which is likely, since I know most do not get selected first shot) I would only have 2 more boards before hitting HYT and going VTU.
Check CNRFC N7 web site as they are auto-approving HYT waivers for certain rates and others with critical NEC's.

My recruiter tells me if I'm not selected I cannot resubmit until something changes on my application.
That is not per instruction. They are required to submit any an all packages, and OIC's are supposed to give consideration to, anyone who meets program requirements. This said, if nothing has changed, the OIC is likely to give you the same overall rating unless you have something that has changed in your application. Where this could change is if an OIC who previously rated you leaves and a new one comes in. This happened to me. When I was going through the process, the initial OIC gave me a sh*t rating (he was prejudiced against anyone who was not an active Reservist). His replacement gave me all 10's and I was selected.

I will complete my Masters in November so I know I would be able to put in for next March's board, but I would like more than 2 opportunities before HYT. I appreciate any advice.
I would honestly wait until you finish your Master's and do some other things to make yourself look more competitive.

Bchris27

Thanks for the gouge, Bubblehead. I will certainly look into the HYT waivers if I can get one, if anything just to avoid VTU and still be eligible for Chief worst case.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
CNRFC N151 page. List as of 2/26.

Considered on a Case-by-Case Basis
ABHE7
ADE7
AEE7
AGE7
AME4
AME7
BME7
BUE7
CTTE7
EME7
ENE7
ENE8
FCAE7
FTE7
GME7
HME7
HTE7
ISE7
ISE8
ITE7
ITSE7
LNE7
MAE7
MAE8
MNE7
QME7
SOE7
SOE8
SWE5
SWE7
UTE6
YNE7

Targeted Open Ratings
ABHE5
ABHE6
AWFE4
AWFE5
AWFE6
AWOE5
AWOE6
AWRE5
AWSE4
AWSE5
BME4
BUE4
BUE5
CEE4
CEE5
CME4
CME5
CTIE4
CTTE5
EME4
ENE4
EOE4
EOE5
EOE6
ETRE5
ETVE5
ETVE6
FCAE5
FCAE6
FTE5
FTE6
GME4
GSEE5
HME4
HTE4
HTE5
ISE4
ISE5
ITE4
ITE5
ITSE5
ITSE6
LNE5
LSE4
MAE4
MME4
MMAE5
MMWE5
MMWE6
MNE4
OSE6
PSE4
QME4
QME5
QME6
RPE4
SBE6
SOE6
SWE4
UTE4
UTE5

Critical NECs

RatingCNECs
ABF7022
ABH7011, 7012
AE4135, 7144, 8307, 8885
AM7222, 7225, I50A
AME8319
AO857, 6801, 6802, 8378, 716-718B, D06A, D07A
AT6605, 6609, 6705, 6718, 6723, 8315, 8316, 8389, 8394, 8807, 8808, 8809, 8816
CTIC06A
CTT706B, C00A, C02A, C05A, C07A, C17A
DC4805, U46A
EM763A, 764A, U16A, U41-U44A
EN4303, 4314, U13A, U23A, U25A, U29A
ETR741A, 742A, 746A, T11A, T22A
ETVT21A
FCV04A - V16A, V23A, V37A, V43A, V56A, V69A - V75A
FTT07A, 736A
GMV62B - V65B
GSEU03A, U05A, U09A
GSMU03A - U06A, U09A, U10A
HML03A
ISK10A, K12A, K13A, K23A, K24A
IT739A, 775A, H02-H04A, H08A
LSS09A
MCA04A, A07A, A11A
MMA4246, 4291, Q34A
MNW04-06A
OS704B, 705B, W23A, W24A
PR7356
SWB20A

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Results from the March IWC DCO board are starting to trickle out. Might be good to contact your respective recruiters.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have a question. Due to my recruiter dropping the ball and not getting my interviews done in time I missed the September board, and now this will finally be my first board. I HYT in June of '20 so if not selected on this board (which is likely, since I know most do not get selected first shot) I would only have 2 more boards before hitting HYT and going VTU. My recruiter tells me if I'm not selected I cannot resubmit until something changes on my application. Everything I read on here says to keep applying because every board is different and some boards may judge things differently than others. How do I convince my recruiter to reapply for the August board if not selected on this board? I will complete my Masters in November so I know I would be able to put in for next March's board, but I would like more than 2 opportunities before HYT. I appreciate any advice.

Masters progress can count as “improvement”.

Bones

Jiawei,

Was wondering if you could share what your package looked like. Education / Major / Professional experience, etc. Might be good for future applicants to see some of the standard required.