• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 19 BOARD SKED

Ranch Dubois

Thanks for posting this FY's board schedule. I'm trying to finish my packet as soon as possible so that I can apply for the AQ Aviation boards. Next step is MEPS. For those in the know, are my scores competitive enough for the AQ boards? Stats in signature below. Thanks in advance.

Mach1

Thanks for posting this FY's board schedule. I'm trying to finish my packet as soon as possible so that I can apply for the AQ Aviation boards. Next step is MEPS. For those in the know, are my scores competitive enough for the AQ boards? Stats in signature below. Thanks in advance.
Rufio is going to tell you to do a quick search and you will find a whole thread dedicated to this topic.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
@NavyOffRec can attest more to this (since it took place during his time), but FY19 quotas (better known as goals) for ORs are shifting from submissions to now attainments (meaning: getting selected and sworn in to OCS in order to get the credit). With that being said, I can imagine ORs being even more selective with applicants to ensure most if not all their applicants get selected. If you have the min GPA and/or min OAR scores, it's going to be really difficult getting the OR's attention and even a package through because an OR likely not wanting to waste time on someone who has a low chance of selection.

Note: This doesn't impact Fleet (active duty) applicants.

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec can attest more to this (since it took place during his time), but FY19 quotas (better known as goals) for ORs are shifting from submissions to now attainments (meaning: getting selected and sworn in to OCS in order to get the credit). With that being said, I can imagine ORs being even more selective with applicants to ensure most if not all their applicants get selected. If you have the min GPA and/or min OAR scores, it's going to be really difficult getting the OR's attention and even a package through because an OR likely not wanting to waste time on someone who has a low chance of selection.

Note: This doesn't impact Fleet (active duty) applicants.

yes, I feel the attainment goaling was better since it was then more about quality than quantity, now the issue with that was an OR has no control if a person is picked by the board, so you could have an OR work his butt off submit good candidates but not get selected.

I was very honest with people, if they met the PA they could submit, but I also let them know they had to do the work, many times people that were barely qualified didn't want to put in the effort.

mhcblues22

So can a pilot hopeful just submit an application at any point for aviation immediate selection? Sorry, I'm pretty new and I'm coming from the Air Force.

mhcblues22

What does an “immediate selection” sound like?
Sounds like you are immediately selected, but it says no application deadline and rolling convene dates, so is it a true rolling pilot board? Or is it just a way to tell if you are immediately selected from one of the scheduled boards?

^ Asked by every AD Sailor, ever.

Pardon my ignorance, but this board schedule applies to civilians, fleet applicants, anyone right?

For instance, the next Supply deadline/board is Sept 28/Nov 5 and they pool all the applicants from across the spectrum for that board right?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Pardon my ignorance, but this board schedule applies to civilians, fleet applicants, anyone right?

For instance, the next Supply deadline/board is Sept 28/Nov 5 and they pool all the applicants from across the spectrum for that board right?

Does the board schedule show any of that??