• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fucking with SWA...

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
It would be great if this thread found its way back to where HAL started it. That was funny, had potential, and started coming off the tracks when the Navy Helo scum ruined it :) As far as the rest of it...

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
An amusing story about airline stuff. A discussion on taxi speed and company culture. A helo thread jack and jokes. The bitterest non-pilot on this site drops by to let everyone know he doesn't want to be a pilot. Another thread hijacked. But I guess you don't see it that way, moderator.

Happy to be your superlative something.

It would be great if this thread found its way back to where HAL started it. That was funny, had potential, and started coming off the tracks when the Navy Helo scum ruined it :) As far as the rest of it...

Alright I’ll start: don’t you hate it when you have four jets lined up behind a P-3 taxiing at 10 knots, then when he gets to the hold short he cancels his taxi clearance (I assume cause the microwave broke) and he has to taxi halfway down the active to get back to his line, knocking the gear out of battery on the way?

D

Deleted member 24525

And yet here you are...
Don’t go away mad, just go away.
Happy to be your superlative something.

Alright I’ll start: don’t you hate it when you have four jets lined up behind a P-3 taxiing at 10 knots, then when he gets to the hold short he cancels his taxi clearance (I assume cause the microwave broke) and he has to taxi halfway down the active to get back to his line, knocking the gear out of battery on the way?

nobody cares.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
This thread started out funny, but there seems to be no love lost between some of you here. Why not take it to PM? Or perhaps take it to Twitter if you prefer a public airing of grievances.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
In high school my buddy used to do “The Granny,” where you’d drive on a two lane road and slow down and put your turn signal on every time you approached a turn off. He’d almost come to a stop then speed up and turn off his signal. You keep doing that down the road to see how long the person behind lasts. HAL’s story reminds me of that.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
In high school my buddy used to do “The Granny,” where you’d drive on a two lane road and slow down and put your turn signal on every time you approached a turn off. He’d almost come to a stop then speed up and turn off his signal. You keep doing that down the road to see how long the person behind lasts. HAL’s story reminds me of that.

When my then-girlfriend-now-wife and I were moving from Pensacola to San Diego, we were on a highway in Utah on our way to Vegas. Some "cool guy" in a top-down Corvette zoomed in front of my wife, then noticed her, went to the left lane and slowed down and started trying to "road flirt" with her I guess. Waving, kissing, winking - you know the drill. He starts playing with her a little bit, totally oblivious to the fact we are moving together. We had walkie-talkies, so we set up a moving roadblock... Two lane highway... Kept speeding up to 80, then we would coast down to 50, 45, 40... speed back up... She'd pull juuuuust a little ahead and he'd tailgate the hell out of her trying to get his opening as he realized what was happening, then I'd do the same and he'd follow. Drove him nuts for about 60 miles until the highway turned into a 4 lane one closer to Vegas. I was cracking up... It was a solidly earned middle finger we received!

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
My wife and I call that a Mexican Road Block...
Also fun to do with a semi-truck if it is just you...they aren't going anywhere fast, so you can just hang between the cab and ten feet behind the trailer. My faves is to finally pass one truck and let the douche canoe get in the right lane to pass just in time for another truck.

I-20 between Atlanta and 95 can get really boring and is full of assholes, so lots of room to play.
When my then-girlfriend-now-wife and I were moving from Pensacola to San Diego, we were on a highway in Utah on our way to Vegas. Some "cool guy" in a top-down Corvette zoomed in front of my wife, then noticed her, went to the left lane and slowed down and started trying to "road flirt" with her I guess. Waving, kissing, winking - you know the drill. He starts playing with her a little bit, totally oblivious to the fact we are moving together. We had walkie-talkies, so we set up a moving roadblock... Two lane highway... Kept speeding up to 80, then we would coast down to 50, 45, 40... speed back up... She'd pull juuuuust a little ahead and he'd tailgate the hell out of her trying to get his opening as he realized what was happening, then I'd do the same and he'd follow. Drove him nuts for about 60 miles until the highway turned into a 4 lane one closer to Vegas. I was cracking up... It was a solidly earned middle finger we received!