• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FRS time to train

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your squadron Plans and Production officer would know the answer to that question. I suggest you find him/her and ask.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
A year is probably still solid for a wild ass guess. Except for F-35's since they aren't taking CAT 1's yet.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
A year is probably still solid for a wild ass guess. Except for F-35's since they aren't taking CAT 1's yet.

Based on the guys I know who went through 101, a year is wildly optimistic for the FA-18 RAG. That reference point is at least a few years out of date, but I doubt their maintenance situation has dramatically improved. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Based on the guys I know who went through 101, a year is wildly optimistic for the FA-18 RAG. That reference point is at least a few years out of date, but I doubt their maintenance situation has dramatically improved. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Still accurate.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I would assume that Miramar is still much slower than Oceana. Thats how it was a while back.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
The time to train at 101 has been cut down, it's not a 2 year tour in SoCal where you're stashed for a year then the syllabus for a year like it used to be. A one year time to complete from check in to out is close to accurate nowadays, but things like the boat can always muddy the waters.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
The time to train at 101 has been cut down, it's not a 2 year tour in SoCal where you're stashed for a year then the syllabus for a year like it used to be. A one year time to complete from check in to out is close to accurate nowadays, but things like the boat can always muddy the waters.

too bad, I was there for 22 months and it was awesome

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
-106 is pumping Marines through in less than a year. About 10 months or so.

-101 has also cut their time to train to around a year as well.

Word is Harriers are about the same right now.