• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Free Peterson's ASTB legit online practice test

joel794613

Hey everyone I'm sorry if this is a re-post in any sort of way, I'm just eager to share what I came across.

http://www.petersonspublishing.com/OfficerCandidate

If you click on that link it will take over to the Peterson's Publishing account creation webpage. But it's 100% free and it will give you a mock online ASTB practice test that's timed and everything. I haven't taken the practice test yet but none-the-less it will be a good way to practice the timed portion.

upload_2016-1-3_11-50-53.png

Let me know if any of you guys have used this in the past and if its helpful or not.

Thanks, Joel!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Did you look at the Spatial Appreciation test? If it's asking you what attitude and roll a plane is at based on the view out of the cockpit, it is the old version of the test, so you can skip that section because it's not on the new ASTB-E (it was replaced by the UAV section).

Great link though, wish I had seen that while I was studying.

joel794613

Did you look at the Spatial Appreciation test? If it's asking you what attitude and roll a plane is at based on the view out of the cockpit, it is the old version of the test, so you can skip that section because it's not on the new ASTB-E (it was replaced by the UAV section).

Great link though, wish I had seen that while I was studying.

No I haven't had time to sit down and take the test in full. Tomorrow morning I will. And yeah I'll skip that part. I feel already pretty confident in the new updated UAV portion, thanks to the tiny drawn compass method.

joel794613

http://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/story.php?title=_36014

So the best way I was explained... I threw this together at work real quick. Sorry for any typos, also use at your own discretion. What worked for me may not work for others.

Uav_examples.png

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
This is (pretty much) how the real test looks, minus the lot labels and the arrow pointing to the correct lot:

6007578.jpg

Last edited:
So this was the result from my practice test. I messed up and let the time run on the math portion so that's why I only got 13 percent and that weighed me down for the scaled score. It would definitely help if people posted these scores to see how it matches up with the real ASTB-E. I take mine on January 18th and will see how it goes. Too bad the spatial apperception is no longer on the test. Looks like I need to continue to study a lot on every section as well. Wish me luck!
upload_2016-1-4_15-26-50.png

joel794613

upload_2016-1-5_3-36-25.png

So clearly I am good at history... I'm taking my test on the 8th. Time to cram more mechanical knowledge and math in before then. Wish me luck everyone.

Bradley Rabun

That's probably the most accurate practice test when it comes to difficulty (I've taken the ASTB-E twice). My only complaint is that they don't explain the answers too well on the Math Skills portion. Unfortunately for me thats the section I need the most improvement on and weighs the heaviest on the grading.

jramus

Yep, lack of attention to detail on my part. The Peterson email gets stripped of html when incoming to DoD email and I did not notice there were two sections, one for ASTB and one for AFOQT. Thanks for the reply.