• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Free flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrelka

I've seen it advertised on Navy sites, that personnel have the oppurtunity to take free flights when space is available. Could anyone shed some light on this? Is this actually feasible and do they fly just from base to base?
-Andy

Paul Burke

It's referred to as Space "A" flights. Basically, if there is a military flight (also referred to as MAC flights) going anywhere and there is room onboard for extra passengers then a service member or dependent can hop on board.

Gator

The problem with these types of flights is that if someone shows up with orders then you get bumnped. Rank also has it's priveledges in this system. I had a friend who flew out to Cali on leave via a Mac fligt and it took hom 3 days tp get back because he kept getting bumped. If you plan on traveling this way give yourself plenty of extra travel time.

Gabe2surf

If I recall correctly, dependants can only take space-A flight if the aircraft is scheduled for an overseas leg and can only take CONUS flights if they are PCSing. Military personnel can take flights anywhere as long as they are not restricted by cargo requirements on aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.