• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum Home page operational

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
All,

The website's Home page is now operational. The "Home" page is basically the focal point for holding all the articles that can be created, put into sections and categorized. In effect, the content manageent system that the latest upgrade in software provides.

One of the problems that Air Warriors has had over the years, deals with the fact that really good posts get lost over the years. And even with the search function, it can be difficult at times to find them.

I am at the starting point of creating sections and categories to help put this material in an easy to find format. Many of you over the years have asked about creating an AW wiki, or something to that effect, this is one implementation towards that end.

I set up the permissions so that anyone can promote any post to an article. You do not have the permissions to publish it to the front page, but myself and the mods will be able to see the post that you thought was of sufficient detail to be included. Then one of us can categorize and publish the article.

I probably have not explained much of this very well, so if there are questions, please ask them here.

John

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Article similar to sticky?

Not quite, the articles are posted on the Home page with images so they even have look and feel of a real article. Stickys remain visible on each page of a thread.