• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Form 1 Monkey Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdkahuna

Whats the answer to the monkey question in form one, I see 2 answers on the forum. One the monkey says the same and one the weight moves up can someone shed some light on this for me. I take the test on Aug 11, monday.

thepilot33

I did not get this question on form 2 but my friend told me about it just in case I did see it. I believe that both the monkey and the weight, weigh the same amount. If this is correct, they will move an equal distance away from each other, or towards each other depending on which way the weight or the monkey is pulled. If someone knows that this is definitely incorrect then please correct me on this question.

thepilot33

If the monkey goes down, then the weight must go up. I thought one of the choices was that they move an equal distance away from each other? If so, then I believe that this is the correct answer.

Hudson

Do you remember the theory that says for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction? If the monkey and the weight are the same weight then when the monkey tries to move up the rope he (or she) will exert more than its weight on the rope thus pulling the weight up and towards the monkey. If he (or She) tries to go down it's side it will exert less force on the rope and the weight will fall. Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.