• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FORM 1 Help! help! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cessnajet1h

I am taking this form on September 11, I have studied the Arco, Arco Mechanical, Arco How to solve Algebra word problems, the gauges on this site, Military tests by Learning Express...............I feel sick already, have been at it for 1 month, please guys how is this form 1, like how similar to which books, I need real information, no bull please!
Thanks guys

ehenric

It's a lot like the study guide. The questions are almost the same. I didn't use anything and passed. It was still too low to submit but, if I had the study guide I wouldn't have to take Form 2. Oh well. Just read the study guide. If you get less than a 50 with all of the work you've done, it's because you stressed out. Just relax...you'll do fine.

Rob_ERAU

Whats up dude,
I took the ASTB and used all the studies guide you listed above. The only "real" and most helpful study guide you should use is the Marine Aviation ASTB gouge, posted on this site. You can find the ASTB gouge under the Forums Menu and then to File Library, listed ASTB gouge. The Math Verbal is exact context as Form 1. The questions that were on the test I remember most are as follows; get the Marine ASTB gouge and study these problems. Math Verbal: 2,3,5,12 exact,14-27,30,33-35,42-44. They will be on the test in one form or another. Trust Me

Mechanical and Aviation are exactly like the Marine ASTB gouge. Study them and know them. Be able to answer every Mechanical and Aviation question on the gouge. Watch for the "monkey question" which goes as the monkey moves up the weight goes up.
Use my advice and you will do fine, have confidence that you will pass and you will!
Good Luck

Borncreole

Well here is the gouge for Form I:
These are from the Marine Aviation Guide

MATH
Questions 3 but asked sqrt approximate of .00912 answer-.09
Question 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (exact), 19, 20, 21 (but with 3 different cans), 22 (exact), 23 (but a little different), 24 (but you subtract instead of add the extra), 25 (but they ask 1/3), 26, 27 (different polygon), 30, 33, two questions on 34, 35, 42, 43, 44 (but they say 1/2 as long instead of twice). There was also the monkey question-answer:the weight moves up, the newton question was different than what was posted. The question is two people applying a force of 10 newtons each exerts a combined force of how many newtons. The options were 10, 10-20, 20 and something else. There was a grid picture with a block in it. The question was the block is at y,z where will the block be at y+2,z. There was another question that asked the sin of angle abc and showed a triangle. There were 8 questions dealing with verbal, the rest were math.

TIME IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE you have to go fast.

For the Aviation/Nautical KNOW ALL OF THEM...Damn near the entire thing came strait from the guide.

Mechanical section
questions 3 (except an elevator), 4, 6, 3 electrical questions, 15 but a picture of ice to water and water to steam which exchanges heat faster, 18, 23, 25, 29 (but they used a car with a trailer and asked which way to bak it in), 34, 35/36.

cessnajet1h

HI , BORNCREOLE
well, can you explain more about the block at y,z and where it will be at y+2 ???
Also the newton question is it the work formala or? can you help,
I am taking the test in two days.....I feel burned out already.....I have timed myself with the study guide and done pretty good, also how are the reading ones, I tend to do poorly on time stress, any ideas how to disect those,,,,
thanks dude

RyanVR

I am also taking the ASTB on the 11th, where are you taking it?

I'm in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Don't think i'll have any problem with the math/verbal, only nautical/aviation/mechanical will get me.

Ryan Von Rembow

bcw

I am scheduled to take the ASTB on the 23rd. I have gone through the Marine study guide and can work all of the problems. I am just curious about electrical and mechanical portion of the test. How in depth are the electrical questions? The spacial apperception part also concerns me, since I have heard that it is totally different. I am a flight instructor with over 1400 hours. Will that help on the spacial test? I have searched this entire board and could not find a lot about the electrical questions. I am getting a little nervous.
Thanks guys

asrom17

Hey guys-
I'm taking the test on Tuesday and I'm still a bit worried about the mechanical section. Someone posted on another topic line that there was a good study guide at advancement.cnet.navy.mil, but it won't let you in unless you're already in the military. Is there any other good mechanics gouge online? I'm going to be screwed on the bits with the batteries.
Thanks...only four days to go- aagh!

cessnajet1h

hey, Asrom17
You know the Marine gauge here is very good, but I studied the Arco books on all tests of military branches, plus I also looked into the Asvab books they really explain the mechanics of it, also for the electrical problems. THere is an Arco book called Spatial and Mechanical comprehension, it is a good one......but most of those problems are dealt with formulas of Mechanical advantage which is not hard but in the real test you would not need to do that, it is mostly common sense and knowing the mechanical advantage of pullies, ramps, etc......so if you know the formulas you can real easy do the math in your head.............good luck on the test.....

asrom17

Thanks Cessna-
you're probably right on the common sense. Don't know why I typed "batteries" though- what I meant was the circuit questions. I'll check out the Arco- i'd just heard it was kind of spotty and not really worth buying. I think i'm making myself too nervous about this thing.
Thanks for the help... hope your test went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.