• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

For those SNAs needing extra HAPL/LAPL practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Funny, that's the same music I hear every time I fly and ELP.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
KizerSosay said:
how do you play?

Use the R/L arrow keys to maneuver around, plane loses altitude at a constant rate which you cannot control, hence why its so good for HAPL/LAPL practice. If you wanna see how good you really are, try it with a few drinks in ya, hehe. :icon_tong

jdnew

kappu411 said:
Is it even possible to land that plane?

Sure it is. It took me a while. (many many crashes) But if you fly like a standard traffic pattern to the left or right (which ever you prefer) you can almost land it every time. :icon_smil

plumberphil

Selected PLC-C 186 Ground
That's pretty addictive but also a good way to kill time during a boring day at the desk. I can't seem to land even while flying a standard pattern, but I know it's possible.

Jake

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Finally got it down! :D It helps to set up a spiral pattern at the outset to kill some altitude and then fly a downwind and turn in.

Hartman

Yeah, the pattern idea works! I try to fly a left traffic pattern using two orbits...the second slightly closer to the runway than the first.

BFisher

Cessna 152 Ace
As it starts.. fly to the top of the screen. Then (with the aircraft in view) turn west at the border and trace the left side.. then turn south at the corner (be sure to keep the ac inside border). Once you hit the start of the forest start to turn east. Go to the far right border and turn north... hold it until you are almost at the top.. then start a wide left turn to spin around for a landing facing south. If you do that maneuver right then you should get atleast a #4 landing. Took me about 15 minutes to figure that out lol.. what a loser I am ;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hoo Hoo! 10! :bouncy_12 Dunno how I got that. Don't know about the Turboweenie yet, but this seemed harder than doing forced landings in a Tomahawk, at least till I got the technique down . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.