• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying with glasses or contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-wing

IF yo uhave a vision better than 20-40 are you allowed to fly wit hglasses or contacts???

I got a cat the other day.....had to swerve to get it buti got it

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, you can wear contacts in the cockpit, but you must carry a set of glasses with you in case there are problems with your contacts. Your flight surgeon can answer this question more thoroughly.
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
...can't wear contacts as a student though.

el_bastardo

so as a student pilot with vision better than 20/40 and worse than 20/20, can you wear glasses or contacts while flying?

NFOtoBE

VP-5 NFO
I don't know about student pilots, but as student NFO's we were allowed to wear contacts. You just have to pass the 20/20 test with your contacts with no mistakes and then get a signed waiver to wear them, and as mentioned above you must also carry a pair of regular glasses as well.
I have worn contacts throughout my training as an NFO.
Shane

beau

Did I smell an Integrity Violation? What people dont know can hurt you! Someones bound to ask! Then what? I have a friend who flys F-14s who wears glasses to fly, I dont know what his Vision is without glasses, but it was good enough to get through NAMI before API.

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.