• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying for Navy, Marines or Air Force?

gringo

hey im debating which service to join upon graduation, personally i like the navy better. but i have been reading a lot of these post here and i realize most people here are navy, but what is so bad about the airforce way vs the navy? i was always told airforce was much easier. please help me out, thanks

gringo

airforce or navy way????

hey im debating which service to join upon graduation, personally i like the navy better. but i have been reading a lot of these post here and i realize most people here are navy, but what is so bad about the airforce way vs the navy? i was always told airforce was much easier. please help me out, thanks

sorry i posted this in the marine secrion earlier.

beau

It comes down to what YOU believe in most. What kind of sacrafices are you willing to make? What appeals to you about both services, what doesent appeal to you?

I dont think any service is "easy"! Its a matter of personal Output and attitude.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
you want to live near water (for the most part) or live BUM(*&^ middle of no where kansas?

LOL
honestly, they both do important missions.

gringo

i understand they each do important missions, but what is the difference in the initial training? i just see a few complaints of the airforce way vs the navy way. how are they so different?

gringo

ok well they say the airforce has a 12 hr day in flight school, what is the difference in the typical day of flight training between the 2?

petescheu

gringo-
As with all of the questions about A/F training so far, go ahead and check out "Anybody been to Vance or Moody lately" which was active a few weeks ago or so. Should shed a lot of light on your questions about what it's like to train with the A/F. Navy bases are all in great places, not all of A/F are. A/F has tons of money, their facilities and aircraft are mostly really nice (unless you get some old dinosaur); Navy seems to be unless it's brand new, it's not so nice. A/F doesn't do the deployments the Navy does, but they also don't get to go on all the port stops like we do. They fly to their forward base and then fly back. Some A/F planes do stop in a lot of neat places though, particularly KC-10s. Air force helo missions are almost all combat SAR. Navy helo community is very different from that. Big planes in the Air Force (135s, 10s, 5s, 17s, 1s, 52s, 2s, etc) not really big planes in the Navy. All depends on what you want.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Gringo,

Let's put it this way. In the Navy, most of the aviators launch and recover on a carrier about the size of 3 football fields that can pitch like crazy and is tough to see at night. In the Air Force, you've got nice airfields to land on.

av8tor

Air Force training tends to be more structured, I don't know that I'd agree it's easier. The Air Force may be more anal than the Navy in training, but the there are no hindden card tricks to keep you in the dark. Which is better, who knows, decide where do you want to live and then apply for both and accept which ever one offers you the job.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always answer with "I'm a naval officer." If I say I'm a SWO, I get the deer in the headlights stare followed by "what the hell is that?"....and that's coming from the aviators!