• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Florida vehicle Taxes

jtmedli

pilot
I did this whole process with my car a year and a half ago and it worked out great. The lady at the DMV was actually getting perturbed with me because I was so adamant that I needed to pay taxes somewhere. She just kept saying, "Just fill out the affidavit form and send it in with the rest of the milpak."

I'm about to do it with another car I just bought. It works like a charm. The only problem is that most stealerships have NO idea how this process works so they were in quite a bit of disbelief when I told them about it. After a few phone calls, they too now believe.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Just make sure your florida address is listed on your PCS orders- mine was not (somehow they listed my current address as my HOR) as a result I had to pay a $225 registration fee (which I got back when I sent them an additional letter from the S-1 saying that the address on my orders was indeed wrong.)

OscarMyers

None
I did this whole process with my car a year and a half ago and it worked out great. The lady at the DMV was actually getting perturbed with me because I was so adamant that I needed to pay taxes somewhere. She just kept saying, "Just fill out the affidavit form and send it in with the rest of the milpak."

I'm about to do it with another car I just bought. It works like a charm. The only problem is that most stealerships have NO idea how this process works so they were in quite a bit of disbelief when I told them about it. After a few phone calls, they too now believe.

Same here, I negotiated my ass off to not have to pay tax, title and tags only to find out in the billing department that I didn't owe any Florida tax. That was a lovely surprise and ridiculously easy.

Disturbed Aviator

pilot
Old thread revival. I am a FL resident stationed in North Carolina. Has anyone come across any issues filling out the sales tax exemption form? I called the Santa Rosa County Tax Collector, and they said I have to be taxed somewhere. As long as you're out of Florida for 6 months, has anyone been able to avoid sales tax in both Florida and the purchasing state?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Old thread revival. I am a FL resident stationed in North Carolina. Has anyone come across any issues filling out the sales tax exemption form? I called the Santa Rosa County Tax Collector, and they said I have to be taxed somewhere. As long as you're out of Florida for 6 months, has anyone been able to avoid sales tax in both Florida and the purchasing state?

http://m.srctc.com/out-of-state-military.html

If you're living in NC on mil orders and a FL resident, you should be fine.

jtmedli

pilot

Call the Escambia county folks. They're quite excellent to work with on this stuff. Just sent in my 4th registration with them.

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
OK. I'll also be registering in FL since I have FL residency, driver's license, and an address there.

Goodfou

Anyone do this lately? Don’t want to break any laws and don’t want to miss out on a military benefit either.