• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flood of Non-Spanish Speaking Middle Eastern Males Crossing Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Border Patrol has a tough job. They don't nearly get enough funding.

Flood of Non-Spanish Speaking Middle Eastern Males Crossing Border
July 23, 2004
From Chris Simcox
The Tombstone Tumbleweed

Border Patrol field agents have shared some disturbing information
with the Tumbleweed as well as other civilian sources with the hope the
information will make it to the general public.

The Tumbleweed has verified information that a flood of middle-eastern
males have been caught entering the country illegally east of Douglas,
Arizona. The increased patrols in the Huachuca Mountains area of Cochise
County, seems to have diverted the flow of OTM's, "other than Mexicans" east
to the Chiricahua Mountains. In the last month, the Tumbleweed has confirmed
at least two documented accounts of Border Patrol agents encountering large
groups of non-Spanish speaking males in the Chiricahua foothills and on
trails along the high mountain areas.

On or about the early morning hours of June 13, 2004 Border patrol
agents from the Wilcox station encountered a large group of suspected
illegal border crossers, estimated to be around 100, just east of the
Sanders Ranch near the foothills of the Chiricauha Mountains. 71 suspected
illegal aliens were apprehended; among them were 53 males of middle-eastern
decent.

According to a Border Patrol field agent, the men were suspected to be
Iranian or possibly Syrian nationals. "One thing's for sure, these guys
didn't speak Spanish and after we questioned them harder we discovered they
spoke poor English with a middle-eastern accent, then we caught them
speaking to each other in Arabic…this is ridiculous that we don't take this
more seriously, and we're told not to say a thing to the media, but I have
to," said the agent, whose name will obviously remain anonymous.

The agent stated the men were wearing the traditional uniform of
migrants - baseball caps, tennis shoes, some had work boots, denim jeans and
many had t-shirts with patriotic American flags and slogans. The agent added
the following description "A curious thing I noticed was that they all had
brand new clothing and they looked as if they had just been to the barber
shop, you know, new haircuts. They were clean cut and they all had almost
the exact cut of mustaches."

The information was corroborated by a local rancher in the area who
reports that sightings of groups similar to these are on the rise. The
rancher also reports that groups of heavily armed paramilitary drug
smugglers have also been seen in the same area.

"We've had groups in the hundreds coming through again. They were gone
for awhile but now they're back. And of course we have the drug mules again
and many are carrying automatic weapons. Many other ranchers in the area
have been frustrated with the lack of response from Border Patrol.

After calling over and over again, to the Wilcox headquarters, we
might get a response a few hours later. We call them in to the Border
Patrol, we only have the Wilcox station, and they're so darned far away. By
the time they send in the helicopters these groups are long gone. I don't
know how many they catch but they're coming through here heavy right now."

On or about the evening of June 21, 2004, agents from the Wilcox
Border Patrol station apprehended 24 members of a larger group of Arabic
speaking males located just east of the Pierce/Sunsites area of Cochise
County. At least half of the males escaped capture and disappeared into the
United States.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Patmack18 said:
Hence why we just make a live bombing range out of the boarder, and give ranchers free reign to "defend their property."

Ever hear of Ranch Rescue? ;)

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Unfortunately, whenever these ranchers get together to protect their land, the media brands them as vigilantes and the left whines about them harrasing Mexicans "who just want to work here." I hope this story receives national coverage (probabably won't) so that people will realize that an unsecured border is a threat to national security. It's common sense, but some people seem to lack even that.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
Anybody remember Bucahnan's plan to build a Mexican border wall?

or

How about we institute the border control plan from the Coneheads movie?

Clux4

Banned
That is one of the reasons we have the Department of Homeland Security, but i think this department is being stretched too thin as it is. They need to start heavy aerial patrols on the border areas. If these men are coming in as much as 24 at a time, who knows their next line of action.
I wish they could use the National Guard, but these guys are all the way in Iraq fighthing, they can only do so much. I think the Air National Guard should also be helping in this homeland security issue. They don't seem to me to be active on the war on terrorism. (I know they have their F-16's up on short notices)
The long and short of the situation is that we will constantly be fighting our enemies home and abroad.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
The problem is that the Nat'l guard should be doing it. The only real point of contention that I have with the Iraq War is that we Federalized State "owned" troops. Just like the Coast Guard, the National Guard should be doing stateside missions and training specifically for border missions and disaster relief.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
El Cid said:
The problem is that the Nat'l guard should be doing it. The only real point of contention that I have with the Iraq War is that we Federalized State "owned" troops. Just like the Coast Guard, the National Guard should be doing stateside missions and training specifically for border missions and disaster relief.

Who do you think funds the National Guard? The Feds. There is a specific reason why the National Guard is set up the way it is. The thinking behind the current structure of the NG and Reserves was if we were involved in a major war the NG and Reserves would have to be activated to sustain it. The thinking behind this originated with high level military leaders, especially the Army, after Vietnam to help ensure more extensive and broad involvement from across the country. This was thought up with a conventional war in mind, not the current one in Iraq (for more on the above, read Powell's autobiography).

Maybe the NG should be restructured for a more domestic mission but the NG can't have combat and combat support units, funded and trained that way, and then complain that they are not there for fighting fires or helping clean up after floods.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have serious doubts about the credibility of this report, I have seen nothing about it where I work, and this would have definitely popped up.

BTW, Iranians speak Farsi and not Arabic, completely different language.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash said:
I have serious doubts about the credibility of this report, I have seen nothing about it where I work, and this would have definitely popped up.

BTW, Iranians speak Farsi and not Arabic, completely different language.

Most Iranians speak both. This coming from an Iranian national that was my professor for over a year in college (good dude, hates the Iranian government).

I can't speak to the credibility to the story, I got it off another forum. However, I can say that I've seen many many stories like this (related to border incursions, not necessarily Middle Eastern men). I've also seen other stories like this about Middle Eastern men crossing the border.

The problem with troops on the border is the people are too soft for it. At one point Clinton tried putting Marines on the border, I believe it was, to stop Mexican Army units from crossing the border. You may ask, "the Mexican Army is crossing our border?". YES, they ARE. Except, they're paid off by drug cartels to run drugs, basically mercenaries if you will. There are countless incidents of them engaging the Border Patrol in fights, which the Border Patrol can't hold their own in due to firepower. The Marines were put there to stop that crap. Well, the Marines (or whoever it was, maybe Guard) was fired upon and they returned fire. Killed some people, I think a 12 year old boy too, who oh by the way, was firing on the Marines. Guess what happened? The people said no, we can't have that going on at OUR border, it just isn't right! So they stopped doing that and we're back in the mess we've been in. That was a while ago. It's gotten worse.

Clux4

Banned
I am thinking this whole problem has to do with funding. Since the Coast Guard is now doing a greater half of homeland security, why not just broaden their manpower and get them to man the borders and territorial waters since Marines are trigger happy. The problem is that we are spending too much money on defense than we can afford.
Also you have to remember the U.S is a big country, guarding the borders will require alot of manpower.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Clux4 said:
I am thinking this whole problem has to do with funding. Since the Coast Guard is now doing a greater half of homeland security, why not just broaden their manpower and get them to man the borders and territorial waters since Marines are trigger happy. The problem is that we are spending too much money on defense than we can afford.
Also you have to remember the U.S is a big country, guarding the borders will require alot of manpower.

Considering the Coast Guard is for guarding the waters of the United States....

The Border Patrol does a great job with the squat amount of money they get. Yes, a lot has to do with funding. A lot also has to do with politics. Mexico gets "offended" every time we try to secure the border, and our own people are way too bleeding heart to defend it properly.

Marines trigger happy? They returned fire. That's not trigger happy, that's defending themselves and the border.

Mind you, a true defense of hte border in the current situation will result in people dying.

Clux4

Banned
When i said trigger happy, i was referring to the poor soft hearted civilians who think we do not have to return fire when when fired upon.

If the Coast Guard is going to guard the waters, then they might as well recruit more seamen and give them guns to go on patrol rather than giving some of these Federal jobs to military contractors as the case has been of late.

If they think the terriost are going to come in through the airports, then they are wrong. They need to give as much attention as they give to airports to borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.