• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Can you fly in the Marine Corps or Navy with a Bicuspid Aortic Valve? Does each branch test for this in any of the physicals?

Hampton

Its called an echocardiogram. I was on my way to flying A-10s in the IDANG when I went through Brooks AFB for the last physical before UPT.

davew1

Man, I feel for you. My story is exactly the same-5 days from air force upt they found a bicuspid aortic valve at brooks. so far no luck.. no waivers that i can see and the only 'study groups' are for people already flying. if i'd only slipped by i'd be flying just fine right now. i went on to get all of my rating through multiengine and flight instructor but that doesn't seem to make much difference. if anybody knows of anyone who has beat this monster please let me know. i'll do the same.
take care.

davew1

Hampton, to answer your question... I've checked into the other services too-even the coast guard. they all have the same check now... my hope is that they'll change their rules before i'm too old to go. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.