• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanb50

Is it possible to get a Navy flight physical as a civilian so i'll know if i can pass it when the time comes?

vballindaytona

nope. you get the flight physical at the beginning of OCS. they used to have a program where you could get it before OCS, but i believe that ran out of funding.

Jonathan

Gator

I got my flight physical before I submitted my application for BDCP, it's part of the application package. In order to be selected and guaranteed an aviation spot it you must first be deemed physcially qualified. I'm not sure about a direct commission though, but common sense would dictate that the same applies. You never know though.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How did you get a flight physical? You sure it wasn't a pre-comm physical? I'm curious.

vballindaytona

im curious too, because my rec said there is NO way to get your flight physical before ocs. there was, but no longer.

Jonathan

Gator

I went over to NAS Jax on the weekend for my phsical, so that I wouldn't have to go through all of the crap at MEPS. I know what the standard military entrance physical is, being prior service, and it's not what I got. I had every test done that they do at P-cola incldding being seen by a flight surgeon who signed off on my physical. I'll have to do it all over again when I get to OCS, but I shouldn't have anything to worry about. I think that if oyu go MEPS you most likely won't be able to get a complete flight physical. Good luck!
Scott

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
The program that you could get you flight exam done prior to coming to OCS was called ACES. It was a pretty cool program where you spent a week in p-cola got a flight physical, did a mini prt, and got a ride in the T-34. But alas it did run out of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.