• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical Question

NightVisionPen

In transition
pilot
ex spook, what year are you in? How old are you? I was 17 when I showed up at USNA, but even when 18 at the end of plebe year I was 5' 9" and 140 lbs. By graduation I was 150 lbs. I made it through to jets, flew F/A-18s, F-16s, and even have some time in F-5s. Don't worry bro, I'm sure you'll be able to pack on another 10-15 pounds over the next few years. Also, I have seen a few other guys that were shorter than me and about as thin too.

Now, at 35 I hang out around 150-155. I'm still 5' 9" though. :)

sitting height 32-61"
butt to end of knee length 21.9-28"
butt to end of foot length 36-50"
functional reach 28" min

last info the NRD's were given is seat waivers were no longer going to happen, we had one SNA that would have needed it to go jets and he told us he didn't get it.

NavyOffRec, are these measurements updated anthro measurements for SNA? I have searched all over and have found another set of measurements, where reach minimum is 29.5" and sitting height minimum is 34". Are those numbers obsolete now and outdated? Also are there updated numbers for SNFO? The other difference was in the BKL measurement where it had to be 22" or greater whereas these are 21.9". I'm just trying to figure out which ones are the currently used measurements and if SNFO has new ones and what specifically they are and if they're different from their measurements of 27.5" reach and reduced BKL and sitting height measurements that I've found.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec, are these measurements updated anthro measurements for SNA? I have searched all over and have found another set of measurements, where reach minimum is 29.5" and sitting height minimum is 34". Are those numbers obsolete now and outdated? Also are there updated numbers for SNFO? The other difference was in the BKL measurement where it had to be 22" or greater whereas these are 21.9". I'm just trying to figure out which ones are the currently used measurements and if SNFO has new ones and what specifically they are and if they're different from their measurements of 27.5" reach and reduced BKL and sitting height measurements that I've found.
Some could be different due to rounding of numbers or typo's, but the numbers are the same for SNA and SNFO, and to be honest it is possible that there was an update we weren't told about, however I have never had anyone close to the minimums or maximums.

Ok thanks. I was just unsure about the disparity in the numbers. I haven't been pro-rec'd or anything yet but I was just curious since I am 64" tall and obviously on the smaller end of the spectrum.