• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flame mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here is a flame mail I received from an individual supposedly a navy pilot out in the fleet. I'm really not sure what his purpose is behind the email or even if it's truthful. I thought I'd share it with the forum to see your opinions on it. Anyway, here it is followed by my response to him.

Happy landings,

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2000 1:26 PM
Subject: Get this site off the web

Dude,

Do you have any idea that you and your friend's website are printed up and posted in several navy air squadrons, and are laughed and ridiculed on a daily basis. The pilots are free to write whatever they want on them, and you are both getting hammered. You need to take this thing down, especially
since you quit. Take it from a navy pilot who quietly earned his wings without trying to seek some web-like glory in his excursion-you are both making yourself look dumb.

Fly Navy,

J.O.

-------------

J.O.,

It is a compliment to me that mine and John's webpage is being printed up and posted in "several Navy air squadrons". Who
would've thought that we'd gain such popularity? What exactly was it that did it? The Humor section, the Gouge maybe, or even the Forum? And why exactly would would be getting hammered? You are pretty short in your writing and therefore leave out a lot of detail.

The Air Warriors web page was created to provide accurate information on several aspects of aviation. To date, we have received over 300+ emails from people who used to be in the pipeline, who are now in the pipeline, and even those that are waiting to get in the pipeline. They send messages thanking us for the information provided on our site, as that was the intent....to provide information. I'd love to hear your explanation regarding mine or John's web-like glory. Where is this glory you speak of.? Do pilots in squadrons all around the world go around chanting our names or singing praises?

What exactly do I have to gain here? I am a surface warfare officer. I am involved with this site for three basic reasons. First, Airwarriors was my creation. When I dropped out of flight training, I asked John if he would like to continue with the site and he agreed. Since then, he has put a lot of hard work into this site which has made it what it is now. Two, I love aviation regardless of what type it is, and talking to others who want to know more about it is enjoyable for me. Three, I have a lot of free time right now before I go on deployment, so I can finally help out some more.

If there is so much John and Steve bashing going on out there, where are all the emails that we should have received? Frankly, I'm having a hard time finding any truth in your story about being a winged pilot out in the fleet. You don't leave any name, first or last, or what squadron you are with or even what platform you fly. I believe the contract with the server has been renewed for another 2 yrs, so the site is definately not coming down.

Best regards,

Steve Wilkins
Airwarriors.com

Phoenix

You people should ignore such idiots. Steve, give me his e-mail address and I can send him a mailbomb if you want . Personally, I think it´s a GREAT site with lots of info and stuff. Just convince John to finish his journal .

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Dave Shutter

HEY J.O.:

If there's one thing I've learned abut Naval Aviators, from reading about them, seeing them on screens both large and small and meeting them in person, in the years that I have thrilled to their exploits and dreamt of standing in their ranks, is that there is one characteristic that distinquishes them above all others...fearlessness !

This "J.O." character is gonna give you gents a line of **** about Steve being a "quiter" and then not even have the balls to leave a name!

I may not yet be a Navy pilot "J.O." but I did wear a uniform, carry a piece and sleep in the mud for Uncle Sam, which is probably more than could be said about you! I have yet to gain entrance to O.C.S, but I do know that one of the principal missions of an Officer, regardless of community or branch, is the education and training of subordinates. This site by Steve and John has done exactly that for countless SNA'a and officer candidates on a grand scale, probably one never before accomplished. They have done it of their own free will and at their own expense, and it's not like these two gentleman have a ton of free time either!

Yes flight training is hard, but if you can take your jealous eyes off your monitor for a few minutes "J.O." and look up the academic requirements for Nuclear Power School, I'm sure that you'll find them significantly more demanding than that of the entrance requirements for the SNA pipeline!

I'll be a nice guy and humor you for a minute "J.O.":

Let's say that your right! That Steve is loser who flunked out of flight school and runs this sight to entertain his now lost forever hopes of "glory"!(which you of course have) Lets say that he's sitting all alone in his BOQ room, with a non-demanding SWO training syllabus leaving him with all the free time in the world to run this site, and maintain an air of greatness over all of us even bigger loser "wanna-be" and "never-will-be" pilots! (unlike you of course!)

Let's say that's all true; then my question to you is: who are you to judge ?

If your a REAL PILOT who's OUT IN THE FLEET , don't you have more important things to do! I have always heard that as demanding as the pipeline is, it's only the begining of a Naval Aviation career and that when your "out in the fleet" the "real work" starts. Being one of just over a dozen officers in a squadron means endless admin duties in addition to flying including: briefings, training of enlisted men, lectures, watches, maintenance, workups, quals, det's, examinations, inspections...etc.etc.

Don't you have fitness reports to write J.O.? Don't you have qualifications to maintain? Shouldn't you be working out to pass your PRT tests to retain your precious flight status...???

...and if your not doing any of this "J.O.", then shouldn't you be spending what little leisure time you have with your family and friends? Y'know, barbecues, days at the beach, hanging out at the bar and picking up chicks with all the other real pilots , teachin' the kid to ride the bike, trips to DisneyWorld...**** like that???

Or maybe the opposite is true J.O....

Maybe your the one who's sitting all alone is a dingy BOQ quarters room, (if your actually a commissioned officer in the first place???) with all the free time because there's nothing more demanding for you to do, staring at a monitor with nothing better to do than be bitter and jealous because these two gentleman have attained something you'll never have!

Am I wrong about you J.O.???

Then let us all know! This is an open forum "J.O."...please feel free to write in and tell us all what this whole hook to steel business is all about since, according to you, John and Steve clearly have no idea! Let us all in on it J.O., and then well all click on your site everday, thirsty for your endless knowledge, thrilling experiences and detailed expertise...

I'll give you a hint J.O., that's a challenge ! Not the kinda thing a "real" Naval Aviator ignores...

Were all waiting J.O., or shall we call you BUZZ !

My name is David L. Shutter, U.S. Army vet and Temple U. grad, and you can reach me at dlshutter@snip.net

Not that you will you *****!!!

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 29 May 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.