• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First time applying for IW DCO. Need info!

Well I am planing to get a physical and eye exam by my civilian doctors and have then both write notes saying that I appear to be good health and there are no obvious lingering problems with any of my past surgeries. I hope that will be enough... The Chief in my reserve unit got picked up for DCO in Sept but when he went to medical they told him that he has Asthma and the werent going to clear him for DCO. He made a big stink about it and now they told him to stand down or they are going to retire him from enlisted duty as a result of it... Too bad.. I cant imagine having to go through all this work to get selected, only to be turned down because of something medical related.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I cant imagine having to go through all this work to get selected, only to be turned down because of something medical related.
And that is the ONLY reason I am glad that I had to clear MEPS before submitting my DCO application!

exNavyOffRec

Well I am planing to get a physical and eye exam by my civilian doctors and have then both write notes saying that I appear to be good health and there are no obvious lingering problems with any of my past surgeries. I hope that will be enough... The Chief in my reserve unit got picked up for DCO in Sept but when he went to medical they told him that he has Asthma and the werent going to clear him for DCO. He made a big stink about it and now they told him to stand down or they are going to retire him from enlisted duty as a result of it... Too bad.. I cant imagine having to go through all this work to get selected, only to be turned down because of something medical related.

Seen this happen before, just because he is qualified to stay enlisted =/= qualified to be an officer

exNavyOffRec

Well my OIC and panel interviews are scheduled for this weekend! Now to polish my uniform and try and anticipate all the questions that they might ask. Any advice? I did see some docs on here with sample questions that I am already taking into consideration.

One problem that I am having is that my recruiter says I have to go to MEPS before I submit the package but, MEPS wont see me until I get letters from the offices where I previously had surgery stating that I am fit for duty. This is extremely frustrating because one of the surgeries was a tonselectomy when I was 6, and the other two (Laser Eye Surgery & Deviated Septum Surgery) were done my the Naval Hospital in Norfolk when I lived there 6 years ago. Apparently they didn't not sufficiently document my surgeries in my medical record and MEPS want more info before they will even see me. The upsets me because it is my understanding that it is there responsibility to review my medical current medical status; not to mention the fact that I already serving as a drilling reservist.

Your recruiter should know medical records are only required to be kept for around 5 years? so odds are those records don't exist.

Alright guys (and gals), I have a new problem. I need to collect my evals and pages 4,5,9 of my service record. Does anybody know what is on pages 4,5,9? Also, I have my last two evals but I am thinking that I need at least one more. Does anybody know how many years past evals are required? I am trying to access them via OMPF on BOL but for some reason, I cannot get to BOL. I can get to all the other .mil sites using my CAC but I keep getting an error when I try and go to BOL saying that BOL's certificate is invalid.

All that I have left to collect for my package are my evals (& Pages 4,5,9), my references, and my COs letter of recommendation. How are your packages looking?

Would you guys recommend including copies of my certifications in my package even though they are already mentioned in my resume?

Definitely include your certifications. In the last board they listed that applicants should include copies of their certifications. I included mine... maybe thats why they want to see them now... I dont know.
Did you order your record from the Navy? I was able to order mine online.

I am already counting the days until the board! First time up so I am not really expecting to get picked up. That being said, of course I am hoping! :)