• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Finding out duty station after RAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

slabicro

Helo wife
Does anyone know what type of time frame you can expect to find out where you will go for your first duty station? I know in the private spouses it was thought that for the RAG you would know 2 weeks or so prior to winging...but I assume for each platform this is different. Since helo is one of two places if would be nice to know more than two weeks out! Do you find out your duty station after you are in the RAG or prior to ever winging? If anyone has gone helo recently and knows I would love to hear from you

Thanks
Renee

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Selection when I got winged (NOV timeframe) was the week of winging. Everyone in the winging class has to be syllabus complete b4 the packages can even be sent in. Once you find out what community and coast you got, the rag will be real obvious. If he goes HC (HSC now?) or HS you are going to the rag in San Diego. If he goes HM he is going to Norfolk for the rag. HSL is the only helo rag with 2 locations.... Mayport and San Diego. If you select one of those coasts, that is where you are going. If you get Hawaii or Japan HSL it is up in the air as to which rag you are going to.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Isn't there an HC RAG in Norfolk? Maybe not, I am not sure. I don't think the HC squadrons have gone HSC yet, although the wings have gone HSC and HSM.

slabicro: If you are talking about the first duty station after the RAG, that can take awhile sometimes. It is based on when the sqdn is losing LT's and when they are going on cruise and all kinds of variables. Even when you find out it can change a couple of times.

slabicro

Helo wife
Thanks for the information. I sure LOVE how the military hurries up to make you wait and how I won't be able to plan anything ahead of time or look for work This ought to be fun for someone like me with my type "A" personality :D

Status
Not open for further replies.