• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

got word from recruiter's office that there is a "new" policy where FINSEL's aren't finalized until 30 days prior of expected ship date. Didn't see it mentioned it anywhere on here, but just a heads up for all of you/us waiting on them!
Do you choose your ship date or is it chosen for you? I remember my recruiter asking in the beginning would I be willing to leave immediately, but that's all we discussed as far as ship dates go

SilverSierra

Future SWO
got word from recruiter's office that there is a "new" policy where FINSEL's aren't finalized until 30 days prior of expected ship date. Didn't see it mentioned it anywhere on here, but just a heads up for all of you/us waiting on them!

Yeah, I didn't know that either. I guess it is good to know -puts my anxiety at bay a little bit. I did just get verbal from my OR yesterday though. September 8th.

Do you choose your ship date or is it chosen for you? I remember my recruiter asking in the beginning would I be willing to leave immediately, but that's all we discussed as far as ship dates go

I'm older so it was more of "let's make the May board, and they'll take your age into consideration and get you shipped in a June or July class for you DOB cutoff in the fall".

But given the changes in age limitations, they put me on for August as of now. I told the office recently I would prefer and be the most prepared we could be come July and was told they can't move anything officially themselves but I've been added to a "list" hoping to get picked up for a July ship date.

If you communicated with your recruiter you'd be ready ASAP, just have to let the Navy decide when they're ready for you and I think the recruiters let OCS know your availability?

Tullykinesis

Checking in-
PROREC Y from March IWC Board
Verbal OCS estimate of July 28 or August 12

Note: I am not pending a degree and had an immediate availability date.

Same here-
Only difference is I checked ENTRS and my name is on the polls for the July 28th class, but when I called my POC in Millington they said if my FINSEL doesn't come through by then I'll just push to the right. Here's hoping!

whentherearenine

Same here-
Only difference is I checked ENTRS and my name is on the polls for the July 28th class, but when I called my POC in Millington they said if my FINSEL doesn't come through by then I'll just push to the right. Here's hoping!

I’m prepared for either date—I just don’t want it to be pushed back further than those! Had to give notice at my employer, so I’ll be in a pickle if I don’t get that FINSEL this summer.?

Typo in my original post: August 18th*

DanQuixote

I’m prepared for either date—I just don’t want it to be pushed back further than those! Had to give notice at my employer, so I’ll be in a pickle if I don’t get that FINSEL this summer.?

Typo in my original post: August 18th*

I'm in the same boat with my employer. There's a Facebook group "OCS 18AUG19" for that OCS class in case you're selected for that date. They've been putting up some good gouge on reading material, preparations, and sample workouts.

Cceastwood

Good morning to all. Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat or has experience with the situation that I'm in. I found out that I was Pro-Y on the January 2019 IWC board for SWO-IP. Knocked out my security requirements and was immediately available to transfer. Because I was due to transfer to a ship, soon, my orders were canceled. The placement coordinator tried getting me in for the March 2019 class, but I was told that the quota's had all been filled and to stand by for the next set of quota's in the May/June 2019 timeframe. Last time I spoke with him (about three weeks ago), my Final Select letter was still in the approval process.

Has anybody else had to wait this long for their Final Select letter and transfer date? I've been told to just give it time, but I'm starting to grow nervous. I appreciate any advice or comments. Thanks!

exNavyOffRec

Good morning to all. Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat or has experience with the situation that I'm in. I found out that I was Pro-Y on the January 2019 IWC board for SWO-IP. Knocked out my security requirements and was immediately available to transfer. Because I was due to transfer to a ship, soon, my orders were canceled. The placement coordinator tried getting me in for the March 2019 class, but I was told that the quota's had all been filled and to stand by for the next set of quota's in the May/June 2019 timeframe. Last time I spoke with him (about three weeks ago), my Final Select letter was still in the approval process.

Has anybody else had to wait this long for their Final Select letter and transfer date? I've been told to just give it time, but I'm starting to grow nervous. I appreciate any advice or comments. Thanks!

Smaller designators like SWO-IP yes, years ago we had a person in the IWC that waited over a year to go to OCS due to the community over-selecting, now since you are AD you shouldn't wait too long.

Cceastwood

Smaller designators like SWO-IP yes, years ago we had a person in the IWC that waited over a year to go to OCS due to the community over-selecting, now since you are AD you shouldn't wait too long.
Awesome! That puts my mind at ease, a bit. I had heard that smaller options sometimes take a bit to get a class date. I'll just keep myself busy, here, until I get that letter. Thanks, again!

Awesome! That puts my mind at ease, a bit. I had heard that smaller options sometimes take a bit to get a class date. I'll just keep myself busy, here, until I get that letter. Thanks, again!
I’m right there with you. I’m SWO IP and I’ve been pushed from Feb to March to March again to July. So fingers crossed for this one.

amarie

Would anyone here be able to tell me if you received a letter with your PROREC and OCS date, or just verbal/email from your recruiter? I'm waiting on FINSEL and understand that could take a while, but a little nervous about giving my current job notice without having anything official about selection.

whentherearenine

Would anyone here be able to tell me if you received a letter with your PROREC and OCS date, or just verbal/email from your recruiter? I'm waiting on FINSEL and understand that could take a while, but a little nervous about giving my current job notice without having anything official about selection.

I know we've already messaged a bit about my experience, but I did not receive a PROREC letter or a letter with an OCS date. My recruiter let me look over his shoulder at the "Y" next to my name in the system and then worked with his superior to give me my estimated OCS date(s). As a planning-oriented person, it feels very nebulous but I'm just trying to "trust the process" right now.

amarie

I know we've already messaged a bit about my experience, but I did not receive a PROREC letter or a letter with an OCS date. My recruiter let me look over his shoulder at the "Y" next to my name in the system and then worked with his superior to give me my estimated OCS date(s). As a planning-oriented person, it feels very nebulous but I'm just trying to "trust the process" right now.
okay this actually makes me feel a lot better. Thank you! My recruiter was telling me that there should have been a letter already on my file so I was panicking that my prorec wasn't real (again).

I have tried searching and I cannot find it, so I apologize if this is a repeated question. If I received a Pro-Rec Y, is there anything that still needs to be done before receiving my FINSEL? So is there anymore medical checks, background checks, etc?