• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

RyanScott

How did your hear about your FINSEL? BOL? Letter? Email? Command?

Thank you. Waiting since JAN. PROSEL Y on DEC.

They all came in my DOD email. Each email had my CO, XO and I on it. Has your COC been in contact with the Fleet processors? My XO pulled me aside and asked what I wanted to do as he was sending an email to MR Williams. I chose my date and my orders came into NSIPS. You can also find your name and seat in CeTARS, the schools guy should have access. I was also selected 10JAN and leave for OCS this weekend!

CBryant932

Checking in from the February 11th SWO board. I spoke to Mr. Celestine yesterday about when I can expect a final confirmation for my OCS class. He said my application is with the director awaiting final approval. He requested the May 26th class date for me.
I have a couple questions though. I am a Navy reservist and I was wondering if I need to be doing any paperwork about a change in service or the release document DD 368. I’m pretty much on my own as I’m the first OCS candidate my COC has had to deal with.
Also while awaiting final selection is there anything that can change your PROREC Y to a no instead? Or is it safe to say we are actually selected and just awaiting final orders?

Damadi88

Checking in from the February 11th SWO board. I spoke to Mr. Celestine yesterday about when I can expect a final confirmation for my OCS class. He said my application is with the director awaiting final approval. He requested the May 26th class date for me.
I have a couple questions though. I am a Navy reservist and I was wondering if I need to be doing any paperwork about a change in service or the release document DD 368. I’m pretty much on my own as I’m the first OCS candidate my COC has had to deal with.
Also while awaiting final selection is there anything that can change your PROREC Y to a no instead? Or is it safe to say we are actually selected and just awaiting final orders?
Unless you have a medical issue.

MM3Oyler

ENS O
Recieved an ALT selection and the command gave out a date of sometime in May as well but I was just wondering if anyone has been an ALT selection candidate and how long it took them to become a Primary.

Is there a chance that I don't become a primary by August? Might seem a ways out but my enlistment is up then and things might get a little wierd if that happens.

Damadi88

Recieved an ALT selection and the command gave out a date of sometime in May as well but I was just wondering if anyone has been an ALT selection candidate and how long it took them to become a Primary.

Is there a chance that I don't become a primary by August? Might seem a ways out but my enlistment is up then and things might get a little wierd if that happens.
ALT are usually a standby in case someone drops. If there are no drops then I really don’t know how that process works.

wakefijw

I am curious about this as well. I am in CANTRAC as going in June but do not have a FINSEL yet, I am assuming you get it closer to the date (looks like you get it a month out). I already have a clearance and am sub duty qualified so I think I'm pretty safe there. My command knows little about the process and it's assumed I'm leaving in June (the date given for me to detach). All my collateral duties were given away and I got knocked down on E6 rankings due to this (#2 EP to last MP, told its not like I need it) so hopefully its a sure thing. I figured I would have heard something by now if there was a problem.

CBryant932

I am curious about this as well. I am in CANTRAC as going in June but do not have a FINSEL yet, I am assuming you get it closer to the date (looks like you get it a month out). I already have a clearance and am sub duty qualified so I think I'm pretty safe there. My command knows little about the process and it's assumed I'm leaving in June (the date given for me to detach). All my collateral duties were given away and I got knocked down on E6 rankings due to this (#2 EP to last MP, told its not like I need it) so hopefully its a sure thing. I figured I would have heard something by now if there was a problem.

Well that’s good to hear. I have my PQ letter from N3M and an adjudicated security clearance. So hopefully there aren’t any issues. Since I have a civilian job though, I’m wondering when would be a good time to let them know I may be leaving in a couple months. I didn’t want to tell them if the PROREC wasn’t the real thing.
That sucks about your eval, I hate that they did that. But hopefully soon it won’t matter.

Stephem

Checking in Pro Rec Y from the Feb AMDO board. Just received an email from the fleet proccessor asking for my release date and some lab results.

Sam295

I am in the same boat as you and expressed my concern about being able to have enough time to take leave since I will be coming from overseas. I have already been delayed because my command did not respond to the initial email sent out for my release. I too got knocked down to bottom EP from the #1 spot and was given the same reason. But I guess I will see you in the June class if we ever get our FINSEL.