• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FFL Recommendations

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hey guys, I've been eyeing a Glock 19 for a while but the best deals are online. Does any of y'all have a good recommendation for a relatively inexpensive FFL dealer in the Jax/Mayport area who I could have it shipped to? I looked at Shooter's but they were at the high end of the few places I've found.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Dave at Florida Custom Weapon Finishing. 20 bucks. Will hold your firearm as long as you need him to. (904)419-0300

Renegade One

None
Please support your local gun shop...wherever that is or however you found it...they're probably living on the edge, business-wise. $20-$50 bucks one way or the other won't count as much as a valued business vendor in your Zip Code.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just down the road from NRB in that bombed out strip mall next to the Arby's (on Mayport Road) is a place called McGowan Firearms. He may be able to get you a similar deal, but if not, his transfer is $25. I've only used him once, but it was super easy and he's open until 7, which is probably about the time you're getting off work after doing some random Shoe drill or something.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Please support your local gun shop...wherever that is or however you found it...they're probably living on the edge, business-wise. $20-$50 bucks one way or the other won't count as much as a valued business vendor in your Zip Code.

Really? Our local one here in Ridgecrest, CA says their profits have never been better. When I bought a gun there a few months ago, they said sales had tripled this year alone, and that was before this latest round of paranoid buying.

That said, I do support my local gun store, but if I can get a better price for the weapon I want, I will get it online.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Dave at Florida Custom Weapon Finishing. 20 bucks. Will hold your firearm as long as you need him to. (904)419-0300

This gets me a thinkin'...with the potential ban(s) approaching...

If I were to order and pay for a weapon today, either online or from a gun shop via phone, but not do the NICS check/paperwork/pickup until after the ban (say when I come stateside again this coming year) would it still be considered a pre-ban purchase? Or would I be screwed?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This gets me a thinkin'...with the potential ban(s) approaching...

If I were to order and pay for a weapon today, either online or from a gun shop via phone, but not do the NICS check/paperwork/pickup until after the ban (say when I come stateside again this coming year) would it still be considered a pre-ban purchase? Or would I be screwed?

As soon as anyone may actually know anything about any supposed ban, I'm sure your question can be answered. Until then, it's all mental masturbation. That said, no where that I've heard was their any limit to stamped/manufactured firearms. In the mean time, you can go stock up on $100 mags.

Really? Our local one here in Ridgecrest, CA says their profits have never been better. When I bought a gun there a few months ago, they said sales had tripled this year alone, and that was before this latest round of paranoid buying.

I think some of that is the California crazy that runs around that state. I was talking to that same guy I recommended the other day and he said he almost went out of business during the summer because the industry was really slow as everyone was waiting for the elections. Post election, he made it all back up. I know it's a single data point, but interesting.

Renegade One

None
I think some of that is the California crazy that runs around that state....
"Ward, I think you're being a little hard on the Beaver..."

California does NOT exactly "suck" in this regard. I frankly feel that it (e.g., WE...or CA...)may become a model for nation-wide "stuff"... YMMV. But with the tag-team of Boxer and Feinstein at the forefront, just seems to make sense.

No need for me to re-state previous snippets/posts. Y'all get the idea.

Standard Caveat: Anything related to "Red Dawn"-like invasions or "zombie attacks" notwithstanding, I think we're pretty much "good to go" here on the Left Coast.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
"Ward, I think you're being a little hard on the Beaver..."

California does NOT exactly "suck" in this regard. I frankly feel that it (e.g., WE...or CA...)may become a model for nation-wide "stuff"... YMMV. But with the tag-team of Boxer and Feinstein at the forefront, just seems to make sense.

No need for me to re-state previous snippets/posts. Y'all get the idea.

I'm not commenting on CA gun laws, I'm commenting on how the CA gun community has been buying non-stop, and buys anything and everything they can get because it's a bigger deal there than it is elsewhere. You can see this in the prices. A previous generation firearm (that's approved in CA) will cost more than a current generation (not necessarily CA approved) firearm in a more relaxed state. And people don't even balk at it and buy them up and assume it's normal with no product shortage. That's the crazy part.

You see it with ARs (before the panic) as well. Same quality gun in both states, and one $20 part and a new SKU with "California" in it boosts the price up $200. Just bizarre.

Standard Caveat: Anything related to "Red Dawn"-like invasions or "zombie attacks" notwithstanding, I think we're pretty much "good to go" here on the Left Coast.

I understand your overall point and get what you're saying, but... Take a look at the Assault Rifle laws and tell me they're "good to go." They are the most convoluted and arbitrary set of rules that still confuse LE. But alas, now we're slipping into content for the other two threads.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Bullet button. I rest my case.

To be fair, the bullet button was an answer to CA laws, not enacted by the state. It was a way around the original legislation, post-AWB. Pretty creative, actually. When I complete, I don't use one. I just drop mags like a normal person. But it does require more use of the existing law.