• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FedEx arrivals into Memphis... during a thunderstorm

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good Lord . . . I think one of those guys had a wingtip in two different cells simultaneously . . .

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
This one just doesn't get old. Everytime I watch it I think that's a sh!tload of airplanes to all come in and land at once... Do they all leave at once too?

NROTCMemTIGER

i use to drive a forklift at the fedex hub in memphis. Its crazy watching all the planes come and go. They all show up together and leave together. super fast pace job. ahha

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Leave/Arrive at Once

Sort of... Generally we launch between 0230 and 0430 and arrivals are between 2300 and 0100. Now there is lots of stuff mixed in the middle but not nearly the same numbers as the AM Launch. :icon_smil

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
sevenhelmet said:
This one just doesn't get old. Everytime I watch it I think that's a sh!tload of airplanes to all come in and land at once... Do they all leave at once too?

I've been on two tours of the Memphis hub, it's pretty crazy. Even though Fedex has day flights, they primarily fly at night. between 2300 and 0400 they have flights coming in one after the other on every available runway. I think they call it the congo line.