• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fedex 25 Hr Ops

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
kanakAttack said:
Strangely (or maybe not) reminiscent of watching ants do their work.

It was... and was pretty cool. Liked it better than the thunderstorm one... good music too.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Pretty cool video. I imagine it would be pretty interesting to see it happen on the ground when that ~6am sortie takes off.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
6 AM Sortie... :confused: I wish.. The big push (Alpha Strike) begins at 3 AM! :eek: Remarkably efficient on the ground especially on the 18s/27 rwys unless thunderstorms/fog then it is a giant clusterfvck! :icon_nav_

sjd7960

I work at FedEx at Newark Airport in NJ at night. The funniest part about the video is that it is true. My father is the control room manager so on my down time I hang out in there and when I look at the screens the one actually looks like that, Newark alone processes around 300,000 peieces of overnight freight every night and has about 20 or so inbound flights just during the night hours. If you think that looks like ants you should witness the people scanning/ loading the packages. lol just a little incite!

kray1395

It is very interesting to watch. I spent my first year of college working across RWY 9/27 from the FedEx hub at an FBO called Wilson Air Center. For a period from about 2200 until about 0000 every night, you can see them lined up on final about 4 or 5 deep the entire time. Then the skies would be quiet for about 3 to 4 hours while they do their sort or whatever they do. We would handle the routine traffic we would get during that off time. Then from about 0300 to 0500, it's non-stop departures. I guess it was a lot like ants. Really freaking big purple and white ants. The best was watching the DC-10's and MD-11's taxi right past our ramp. During the holidays we would see a couple of charter 747's over on the ramp as well.

sjd7960

Just for some informatin if anyone is interested. FedEx just purchased 6 of the new Airbus A380's. Can't wait to get a tour on one :icon_tong Three stories high, and in the passanger world they can fit around 555 people. Wing span is about a football field wide and can hold over 250,000+ pounds I believe. Pretty crazy plane.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
debeneadtos said:
Just for some informatin if anyone is interested. FedEx just purchased 6 of the new Airbus A380's. Can't wait to get a tour on one :icon_tong Three stories high, and in the passanger world they can fit around 555 people. Wing span is about a football field wide and can hold over 250,000+ pounds I believe. Pretty crazy plane.
:sleep_125

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
debeneadtos said:

If it ain't Boeing...