• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

fall back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatFarmer35

Hello:

I just had a question for those of you who got a SNA or SNFO slot through BDCP. I was just wondering what your fall back plan was to become a SNA or SNFO if you were not accepted. Is OCS is the only other option?

Thank you for replying.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My fall back plan was to re-evaluate my chances and either reapply Navy or take a shot at the Marines. I was looking into the AF as a last resort but ended up not having to worry about it. The LAST thing I wanted to do was go get a desk job. Good luck.

jrklr

bdcp is not a commissioning program. you apply to OCS and they either accept or reject you. if you are accepted and are still in college, they offer you scholarship money (BDCP). my backup plan was cia or fbi.

ElPensador

My fallback plan? Reapply, reapply, reapply. Meanwhile, graduate, become a teacher, and if I don't love that as much as I think I will, keep reapplying.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by ElPensador
My fallback plan? Reapply, reapply, reapply. Meanwhile, graduate, become a teacher, and if I don't love that as much as I think I will, keep reapplying.

If you want to be in the Navy bad enough, and you know you are not physically disqualified, your backup plan should be like this one - TEMPORARY.

ElPensador

Yeah you got a point, but I have a feeling I might REALLY like teaching and stick with it. Who wouldn't want to deal with 30+ screaming, snot-nosed, ungrateful bastards every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.