• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-111B pilots and RIOs

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good article from Air and Space on the FB-111 and how it affected the F-14.

The F-111B was designed to defend the fleet, but only one landed aboard an aircraft carrier, the Coral Sea, in 1968, after the program was cancelled. (USS Coral Sea CVA-43 Association)

The FB-111 (later F-111G) was actually the nuke bomber version, even lengthened it was a pretty small bird to be taking all the way to Mother Russia.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Would anyone here know any of the Navy pilots or RIOs who flew the ill-fated F-111B (or any other F-111 variant)?

I need to interview some ex-F-111/FB-111/EF-111 pilots/WSOs/EWOs for a publication I write for: The Fighting Aircraft DVD Collection: http://www.deagostini.co.uk/fightingaircraft/.

Does anyone know and ex-1-11 guys who would take part in a basic, 10 question, email interview?

My deadline is in 3 weeks time.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Steve

Not sure where they are, however, a gent named George Marrett at one point flew the F-111B that did landing trials on the Coral Sea, his radar operator was Bill Bush. I’m not sure either were Navy, Marrett was a civilian test pilot and former Air Force.