• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Explanation of "scroll" process and Timeline of events until receipt of COMDOCs

Lailah

I just got PRO REC in October from the PAO DCO board. I'm waiting on my scroll and have no idea how often or how long this process takes. I'd like to start drilling in January but I guess it's up in the air.

Is there any insight on how often during the FY the SECDEF signs them?

exNavyOffRec

I just got PRO REC in October from the PAO DCO board. I'm waiting on my scroll and have no idea how often or how long this process takes. I'd like to start drilling in January but I guess it's up in the air.

Is there any insight on how often during the FY the SECDEF signs them?

I believe the scroll process from submission to signature is 90 days, so the info you need is when your scroll was submitted.

In the meantime don't do coke.

RaginCajun

I believe the scroll process from submission to signature is 90 days, so the info you need is when your scroll was submitted.

In the meantime don't do coke.

:p

Best.Reply.Ever.

We call it pulling a Biden in my unit.

"Don't pull a Biden for Operation Golden Flow"

Veritas

ENS, PAO
I was also picked up at the October PAO board. I was told to expect commissioning sometime in late December or early January, and first drill in February or March. I was originally told late November, though I felt that was ambitious from everything I've read here. Late December may be ambitious too, considering the shakeup at the Pentagon and a potential government shutdown. That said, it's been a long process and I'm thankful to have been selected, so I don't mind waiting a bit longer. :)

Veritas

ENS, PAO
I received my FINSEL this week and set to swear in Jan. 23. Best of luck to everyone.

Congrats, Lailah! My COMDOCS are also in and I'll be commissioning this Thursday 1/15. Do you know where you'll be going? I was assigned a billet in San Diego and hoping all goes quickly.

Lailah

That's awesome! Me along with one of the other DCO PAO selects from our group also have San Diego billets! I hope to go to DCOIC in July. Do you know which billet? Is there a way to direct message my email to you so we could all link up?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Anyone know why having a CAC card is so important to the commissioning process? I have a CAC already as a DoD contractor - does any CAC work, or, must it be a U.S. Navy Reserve-issued CAC?

das

Contributor
It's not important to the commissioning process at all, per se...it's just easiest to have one. If you already have a CAC, the answer is that some sites you will care about accept any CAC, and others will require one that can identify you as a Navy Reservist.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
And just because you have a CAC, does not mean it will enable you to access a site. No expert, but I know we have a difficult time getting PKI straight on our Contractor's CAC cards. Also like DAS said, some site are CAC enabled, but still require registration.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Not to jinx myself, but... Given that MEPS is now done prior to the Board, what's the typical duration from PRO REC Y until swearing-in with your recruiter?

@ any officer recruiters or new DCO Ensigns coming from an NRD

(Earlier posts in this thread from 2009-11 had MEPS being done after PRO REC Y, so I'm not sure how accurate the average wait time is anymore.)

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
I was selected Oct 23 . I filled out the 1200/1 on Nov 12th. At that point the oath (scroll) was sent for signature. I was told it takes 10-12 weeks for that to take place (But OR has seen it take 5 weeks). So Im on the 9th week, but the timeframe took place during the holidays.

I was also told that the oath is usually sent immediately after selection, but in my case it was sent after the 1200/1 was filled out by my processor and signed by me. So this might add 3 weeks to my timeline. Not that I'm keeping score here! :D

I've been patiently working on this since October of 14. So what's a few more days!