• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Etiquette for PM Info Seekers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Gentleman,

This is for all the guys/gals who use seek information on various programs, aircraft, life styles, etc via PM:

Those of us who are "seasoned", are happy to spend the time and effort providing whatever expertise we can. That's the purpose of AW.

However, you are not texting someone at the bar. I'm tired of getting PMs asking for information on high cailber programs such as BUD/S, flight school, SAR school, etc and the first greeting being "Hey!" or "Dude" or my personal favorite, "What's up?" You generally have no idea who you're talking to, but it ranges from an E-5 to a CAPT and everything in between.

For the most part, you're trying to get information from professionals and we expect your correspondence to be written like wise. We don't expect "sir" or Ma'am", but I also don't want to decipher text short hand from someone asking how to be the best officer they can.

Lastly, if your talking to someone on AW for the first time and asking for their help, a signture is much preferred to "Later", "Peace" or no signtaure at all. It puts me in a foul mood when I don't even know who I'm trying to respond to.

I'm probably just grouchy cuz' I haven't had my coffee yet.

MR-

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
And know how to use the contraction "you're" as opposed to "your." That is all.

Gimme a break, I was typing first thing in the morning in between getting the kid's breakfast getting dressed for work:eek:)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
funny-pictures-mom-cheetah-does-not-approve-of-younger-hairstyles.jpg

Minnesota Tomcat

Turkeybeast
Here is probably different matter, since the members have been filtered carefully, but people sending me PM milking me for info on Facebook, I usually tell them to get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.