• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

EO to Order the Selected Reserve and Certain Members of the Individual Ready Reserve of the Armed Forces to Active Duty

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I realize you’re probably just venting, but if not, this is dumb. Stay at home if you can and help keep everyone else safe.

Sorry, I was speaking in general terms WRT teledrill. Under the current circumstances I'm not going anywhere.

snake020

Contributor
Give it a few more weeks if not months. I'm sure there will be a blanket policy put out. It's hard to say when the quarantine and state-level stay at home orders will get lifted- then you're going to have a lot of reservists who are busy catching up at their regular jobs, let alone the ones who get sick from this having to recover from it, and so on.

In the meantime, expect your reserve chains of command to put out some kind of information about what they've been told so far about what could happen with FY20 AT. I'd just about guarantee you that "higher" have addressed it in emails and teleconferences, even if it's still just possibilities at this point.

My chain has said it'll be wait and see. They're still confident they can execute ATs towards the end of the fiscal year on missions where the money needs to be spent by 30 Sep, but if not then it will be waivers for all.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My chain has said it'll be wait and see. They're still confident they can execute ATs towards the end of the fiscal year on missions where the money needs to be spent by 30 Sep, but if not then it will be waivers for all.
Yeah, I'm expecting an NROWS stampede for AT orders if the social distancing is lifted before the end of the FY. Biggest open question I see is whether or not they end up CNXing RIMPAC.

Last edited:

snake020

Contributor
If there ends

Yeah, I'm expecting an NROWS stampede for AT orders if the social distancing is lifted before the end of the FY. Biggest open question I see is whether or not they end up CNXing RIMPAC.

Why not change just this year's RIMPAC problem to solve how a coalition operates in this type of environment? Or is that better saved for RIMPAC 2022?